Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

james cairns

tank for trailer required-pot removed
« on: August 26, 2006, 09:45:34 am »
guys i loaded a post regarding fitting a 350litre tank into a trailer

I have now noticed that the post has been removed- may I ask why !!!!!

and is it not courteous to at least let us know when you are removing the post and why

jinky

Trevor Knight

Re: tank for trailer required-pot removed
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 10:01:40 am »
Have no idea Jinky?

Nothing to do with me??

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 10:08:50 am »
Hi Jinky,

Several threads were removed last night because they contained posts that were foul and offensive.  They were made by one individual and because of the sheer quantities of the posts that appeared all over the forum, I can only assume that Mike deleted the threads for speed.

There was no other motive or reason.

Sarah
Sarah

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 10:23:26 am »
Hi Jinky,

I replied to your original post last night, but I do not know if you read my answer or not.

You said that the trailer could carry 500kg. Well I do not know the actual dimensions of your trailer, but you may find a 400lt tank will fit in it. When the tank is full it will weigh a little over 400kg.

I am also not sure why you would want to put a submersible pump into it!!!! unless this is a holding tank and you are going to transfer the water to another tank!!

Hope that helps

Andrew

JM123

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 12:08:55 pm »
Hi Sarah, I was on the forum for most of last night - didn't see any offensive messages, maybe you deleted them before I saw them
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2006, 12:32:47 pm »
Glad you missed it all JM123  ;D

Sarah
Sarah

JM123

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2006, 12:33:30 pm »
go on sarah - who was it - you can tell me, I'll not breathe a word of it!!

Ballymena N.I

james cairns

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2006, 12:36:35 pm »
andrew glad you saw the post, thought I was going a wee bit loopy

I asked about the submersible pump, as I read somewhere that if you go into a site and you cant get access with van or trailer, then you can fill the backpacks from the holding tank---could be wrong would be grateful if you could put me wise to this

jinky

JM123

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2006, 12:50:16 pm »
jinky you should be fine with a 400ltr tank (they don't hold 400ltrs as the baffles take up part of the total volume), one of our most popular trailer systems is a single operator 400ltr, we have on occasion fitted them out with 12Vdc submersible pumps, but bear in mind you will need to carry a length of 1inch tubing in the car/van.

Ballymena N.I

james cairns

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2006, 12:57:03 pm »
jm it is a six foot by 4 ft trailer by indespension called a load treaker

gross weight is 750 kg trailer being 250 and carrys 500

I thought a 500 might be on the border line when you include pump battery hoses etc, thats how i was looking for a 350, dont want to drop as low as 250

JM123

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2006, 01:02:23 pm »
the 400ltr tanks only hold about 360ltr anyway, tank itself weighs 35kg, so 400kg for tank and water, 20kg for 110Ah battery, pump and varistream about 2kg, 11ltr di vessel filled (plus filled with water) about 15kg, all totalled around 450kg max.

Ballymena N.I

james cairns

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2006, 01:07:43 pm »
jm thanks for that my options are a bit wider now

jinky

jeff1

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2006, 03:24:40 pm »
the 400ltr tanks only hold about 360ltr anyway, tank itself weighs 35kg, so 400kg for tank and water, 20kg for 110Ah battery, pump and varistream about 2kg, 11ltr di vessel filled (plus filled with water) about 15kg, all totalled around 450kg max.

Hi JM123
If you do Trailers and know a little about them, then perhaps you will let me pick your brains??

Question
I have a 6x4 Trailer with 13'' wheels, sprung suspention with shock absorbers, and the trailer has brakes, Have you any idea at the sort of wheight it can carry?

JM123

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2006, 03:43:03 pm »
without seeing the trailer, or knowing what type it is etc etc I can't honestly say as there is such a variety of trailers out there.

I would say given the fact the trailer has 13"wheels, sprung suspension and brakes it more than likely has a maximum axle capacity of around 1/1.25tonne.

DO NOT TAKE THIS AS A GUARANTEE, speak to whoever built the trailer and seek their advice.

As a general guide the trailers we supply are as follows:
torsion rubbers - 600kg payload
triple leaf spring - 1000kg payload
twin axle triple leaf - 2000kg payload

We do a range of trailers (leaf/gas damper and coil spring setups).

If you have any pics or additional info about the trailer then I may be able to help you a little more.

Ballymena N.I

jeff1

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2006, 03:57:23 pm »
Many thanks JM123 I Haven't any pictures at the moment but when I do I'll scream out for you  ;D

The only reason I was asking was I was toying with the idea of making a trailer system instead of a trolley system, and I just wanted to be sure of the weight limit, there isn't a lot more I can tell you about it, apart from it having  a steel chassis and not Aluminum , it also has a tailgait and on the rear sides it has drop down legs for stability when unloading I have taken the timber sides off and replaced with Aluminum and also covered the floor in Aluminum
Many thanks for your reply

regards Jeff

JM123

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2006, 05:40:49 pm »
take some pics of the suspension and tow hitch - if it is a 1 tonne axle you can fit a 650ltr tank in there, as long as your car/van is heavy enough for it.

Ballymena N.I

jeff1

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2006, 07:40:31 pm »
Thanks JM123
I'll have to take them with my phone you should be able to see them with that,  I will do it tomorrow, as its getting dark out there now.

Thanks for your input

regards

Jeff