Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

scrimit2

whats the right way?
« on: August 25, 2006, 06:55:50 pm »
I have no choice but to give up a large number of customers, I have a replacement who can't takeover until october.
I planned to do all the jobs one more time then tell the customers that I have to give them up but that a replacement window cleaner will be coming around in October, but I am really struggling for time and now Im having to consider not doing them for the last time, but to go around in the evenings telling the customers, the situatuion and that I will introduce the new guy as soon as he is available.
do you guys think thats reasonable? I want to do the right thing but the lack of time is the reason Im giving them up, if Im not carefull I might lose some of the ones I want to keep.

I would be grateful for input on this one, getting quite stressed on this one. ::)

Trevor Knight

Re: whats the right way?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 07:04:34 pm »
Scrimit2,

Post a new topic asking if anyone is interested in renting of subbing the work from you either long term or until you get a replacement in.

If you can't find anyone to help then telling your customers is definately the best way forward.

I am sure someone on here will be able to help though.

Best of luck,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

scrimit2

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 07:24:06 pm »
thanks for you reply, Im a bit concerned about bringing in someone to cover as they are very rural areas & whoever covered them wouldnt earn much first time around and seeing its just one clean needed I dont think it would be fair, originally the guy was taking over at the start of September but as for no fault of his own it got pushed back a month.

really Im just trying to do right thing by the customers and the new guy,

thanks again for your advice ;D

Pat Purcell

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2006, 08:07:31 pm »
would it be possible for the new guy to help you out for a few weekends doing the customers at a reduced rate because you may be early and for their inconvienence as this would give you a chance to introduce him and get the jobs done at the same time
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland