Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee.

Varistream with microbore users
« on: July 27, 2006, 08:39:35 am »
Hi,

I would like to purchase varistream but I have microbore hose. Are the two compatable? is there anyone who has used the both together successfully? I also have a 100psi pump with just one man on the job, which means every day I go out something burst's under the pressure. I know Varistream slows down flow rate but does it also cut out at a set pressure say like 65psi?

Your help would be appreciated

Lee

sair

Re: Varistream with microbore users
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 01:03:03 pm »
try looking at site   www.crowelectro.co.uk     look in window cleaning section
Essentially Pure Ltd

steve smith

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 05:03:04 pm »
I have a Varistream and 100m of Microbore on a 60 psi pump and these work very good with each other.

Lee.

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 10:05:15 am »
Thanks for your help guys, looks like its a must.

Lee

macc

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2006, 06:55:57 pm »
i have vaistream microbore, 100m and 100 psi p[ump. no problems at all (touch wood)

Same

« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 07:02:44 pm »
100m microbore 60psi pump

Extremeclean

« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 08:23:19 pm »
I run a large number of systems.

I experienced many problems with the 6mm bore microbore. One of the main ones was the strain any decent length of it put on the pumps. After a lot of trial and error 8mm bore hose has solved all of the problems. Lack of flow and pump breakdown being examples of the problems. It is still light and easy to use.

dai

« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 10:07:33 pm »
To answer your question, You can turn down the pressure by using the little dial inside the Varistream box.
Just undo the four screws on the front of the case and it will come apart. The small dial with letter increments is inside Dai

Alistair@AWC

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 03:06:28 pm »
I am setting up my one user system at the moment and im using:-

100m Microbore (6mm)
100 psi Shurflo Pump
Gardiners Flow Valve

This mean that mean im gonna have to spend MORE money on a varistream   :'(

Lee.

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2006, 04:22:26 pm »
Alistair,

No you dont have to buy varistream, it was on my list anyway. the pipe that is likely to burst is the pipe between the hose and the flow control switch. If you ask kirsty at Gardiner poles she will send you a reinforced pipe which you can fit instead. There are  afew reasons why I would like varistream but I wouldn't consider any of them to be vital.

Lee

G & M

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2006, 12:11:06 am »
Dai when you turn down the pressure in the variflow will that also cut down the output of water? The reason I ask is we bought a 150 psi shurflo pump and it wont work with the variflow.
Is it possible to increase the flow rate of the pump as it is set at 1.5g Cheers -Michael -G&M

mikeflies

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2006, 03:03:10 pm »
While certainly a lot of people are having no probs with microbore - there are a lot who are.

sooooo, we came up with this (and i notice from the replies on this thread that sombody else had the same thinking as us)

http://www.cleantech.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_41

look at the MINIBORE hose.

Justin Ferrell
Cleantech

cleantech.co.uk

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2006, 03:06:03 pm »
While certainly a lot of people are having no probs with microbore - there are a lot who are.

sooooo, we came up with this (and i notice from the replies on this thread that sombody else had the same thinking as us)

http://www.cleantech.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=22_41

look at the MINIBORE hose.

Justin Ferrell
Cleantech

created a new user name to make it easier for people to identify who is posting - hope everybody approves of this decision ?
All posts by Justin @ Cleantech unless specified otherwise

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 09:35:46 pm »

experienced many problems with the 6mm bore microbore. One of the main ones was the strain any decent length of it put on the pumps.

I do not doubt the problems but can any one explain, if the pump is say 100psi then when the water presure reaches 100psi the pump will cut out regardless of the size of the hose??plus (correct me if I'm wrong but when these pumps are used in mobil home instalations i believe that they have small hose fitted ?

I use a 100psi pump conected to a varistream but I have left the pressure switch conected and this has worked great for a couple of years now with normal hose, I have just been converted to Micro bore and at present I am so pleased with it that I nearly start skipping as i pull it behind me.
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

cleantech.co.uk

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2006, 01:54:00 pm »
experienced many problems with the 6mm bore microbore. One of the main ones was the strain any decent length of it put on the pumps.

I do not doubt the problems but can any one explain, if the pump is say 100psi then when the water presure reaches 100psi the pump will cut out regardless of the size of the hose??plus (correct me if I'm wrong but when these pumps are used in mobil home instalations i believe that they have small hose fitted ?

I use a 100psi pump conected to a varistream but I have left the pressure switch conected and this has worked great for a couple of years now with normal hose, I have just been converted to Micro bore and at present I am so pleased with it that I nearly start skipping as i pull it behind me.

100p.s.i. is 100p.s.i., reguardless of the size of hose. - with microbore it will simply take less time to reach this pressure. BUT pressure is not the be all and end all of it - you have to think about flow as well, and microbore CANNOT deliver the same flow as 8mm or 1/2" hose, its basic physics.

Also, i would recommend disconnecting your nose switch on the pump if you have a varistream, you don't have to remove it - just don't use it, it'll make any wee problems you may develope a lot harder to diagnose, and it's simply not needed.

Justin.
All posts by Justin @ Cleantech unless specified otherwise

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 04:29:48 pm »
My current recommendation would be that if you are worried about too much pressure on joints with a 100 psi pump then simply fit a 60psi pressure switch (about £25) to it, that way you keep the increased flow rate of  the 100psi spec pump but have the lower cut-out setting.

PSI is usually irrelevant to window cleaners uses, it is the flow rate that we need.

We run 2x 100m of microbore off of a single 100psi Flojet and have done now for over 3 years, same pump no problems plenty of flow rate.

Alex Gardiner

neil100

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2006, 04:40:42 pm »
I have 2 reels of 100 mtr 6mm m/bore hose on the van, each hose is powered by a 60psi pump. No varistream needed.

No leaks and the flowrate is spot on.

Nel.

dai

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2006, 10:45:58 pm »
G&m The small dial inside the varistream acts like a pressure switch. It senses electronically when the pressure you have chosen is reached, and cuts off power to the pump. Obviously for you to be able to adjust it with this dial then the pumps pressure switch needs to be disabled. With a 60psi pump the pumps pressure switch will turn it off when 60 psi is reached. with this switch disabled it will carry on pumping and building up pressure beyond 60psi. how much more I don't know, and this is a question I have been asking. The only way to find out would be to fit a pressure gauge to the pump outlet, and let it run with the pressure switch disabled. This is the way I understand it anyway. Dai

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2006, 07:45:10 am »
The small dial inside the varistream acts like a pressure switch. It senses electronically when the pressure you have chosen is reached, and cuts off power to the pump

Did above but hose connections kept popping, reconnected P/switch on pump works fine and has done for nearly two years now.

100p.s.i. is 100p.s.i., reguardless of the size of hose. - with microbore it will simply take less time to reach this pressure. BUT pressure is not the be all and end all of it - you have to think about flow as well, and microbore CANNOT deliver the same flow as 8mm or 1/2" hose, its basic physics.

Agreed but regardless of the hose dimenshions at the end of the hose the water comes to two small outlets which because of the size of the jets the water flow is restricted regardless of the size of the hose, so regardless of the amount of water in the hose only a set amount can be released at any given time (don't you think)?
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz