Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mr Owen

Help with pricing please?
« on: July 28, 2006, 10:48:51 am »
Hello everyone/anyone,

I have recently been cleaning a showhome for a building developer, The Company then offered me the communal area cleans within the flats. I have also been doing some sparkle cleans for them.

I have now been asked by the building maintenance company that will be taking over the maintenance contract, if i would quote for the job.

My problem is not knowing how to price the job, i know that i have been doing the communal areas but i am quite sure that i have charged the developer alot less than i shouldve. I would appreciate it if anyone could let me know what they would charge for such a job, the contract is for one year.

The Company has sent me a tender specification. I will copy it out here.#

sweep and mop all front and rear entrances, remove all circulars and free newspaper residue and ensure main entrances and meter cupboards are clear of obstruction.
weekly/fortnightly/monthly/
£

vacuum, or damp mop to suit, all communal areas, including stairs and landing areas to all floors.
£

Clean interior doors, door frames,skirtings and window ledges to communal areas, clean all light fittings,switches and plug sockets, ensure all light fittings are free of cobwebs and fly trappings.
£

change light bulbs as required, replacement bulbs to be charged at cost.
£

Clean all internal windows and inner/outer glass on any interior fire doors.
£

clean and disinfect bin store areas.
£

I have also been asked to quote for window cleaning external for all the flats and communal areas or/and just communal exterior windows, i will mention this in the window cleaning forum though.

The flats are three stories high, there are 4 blocks in total giving 24 flats in total, thats 2 on each landing. The stairs and landings are carpeted
and the entrance has a slate type floor. The stairs have iron railings.

I would really appreciate it if anyone could give me a clue as to what they would charge for the above, i am located just outside of birmingham.

I know you havent seen the job but just a rough figure for simular projects youve completed in the past or criteria you use for quoting these types of jobs would be most helpful.

Thank you in advance, for any advise given.

Regards

Gwylym

Mr Owen

Re: Help with pricing please?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 12:46:39 pm »
Hi again,

Perhaps a better question would be what is the usual service charge that maintenance companies charge per resident?

I know how long it takes me to do the job, so i can work it out from that, I dont want to underquote as this is for a year. obviously the maintence company needs to make profit from administration and there are other services like landscape gardening etc.

The flats are private, anyone have any clues?

*Chris Browne

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 03:06:09 pm »
you have mail ;D

chris

spickandspan

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2006, 01:35:44 pm »
Hi I have just found myself in the same situation any help would be very well recieved.
If at first you dont succed.......Dont try skydiving.

*Chris Browne

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2006, 08:31:01 pm »
Hi your email is hidden, or you could pop over to www.scsf.co.uk and someone will sort you out, :)

cheers

chris

Nick Vassilev

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 09:22:38 pm »
Chris could you email me your opinion to my email address, please?
I have to quote on a similar job soon and your help would be appreciated!
Thanks
Nick