Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mgba_78

Pinched customer, well sort of
« on: August 09, 2006, 09:43:21 pm »
I was doing a house front today, was full leaded windows and a first clean so was giving it some making sure they were extra sparkly and all that when a lady came over from across the road and asked if i could do hers and how much, as it looked like i was doing an excellent job. 8)
I looked over at her house and was gathering my thoughts about price when she said she had a cleaner.
I said oh and then gave her the price of £7 for front only before she could give me the price of other w/c.
She then said i suppose you get what you pay for, can you do mine next week etc etc. I then asked her how much other guy charges thinking it may be more, but was horrified when she said  "he only charges £3 for the front but it never looks clean" i was thinking no poo

So it pays to do an honest job the best you can, anyway i'd rather do less houses and charge more than more houses for less money.

another customer for the growing list wooohooo

Andy
Oooooo that is shiny!!

Fast 1 *

Re: Pinched customer, well sort of
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 11:04:01 am »
another £3 idiot
wildstyles

zeusjazmin

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 10:31:31 pm »
£3 idiot? how can you say that?
that is the standard ammount where i live
as i have stated on previous threads it all depends where you live.
sure i would love to charge £6 per house but there would be an outrage if i were to ask,that applies to all wc in my area.
fair enough if rhe average price was say£6 and someone was asking £3 then your comments would be justified .

dustycorner

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 05:52:37 pm »
Hi all,

I don't agree with this idea that an area will tolerate upto a certain level of pricing. It more about customer expectations and standards you pay for what you get, just look at the cars outside the client homes if they were all driven by price they would all be driving Skodas.

Cheers Mark.

Fast 1 *

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 05:55:02 pm »
£3 idiot? how can you say that?
that is the standard ammount where i live
as i have stated on previous threads it all depends where you live.
sure i would love to charge £6 per house but there would be an outrage if i were to ask,that applies to all wc in my area.
fair enough if rhe average price was say£6 and someone was asking £3 then your comments would be justified .
im in the south.if you charge £3 that makes you an idiot
wildstyles

dustycorner

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 06:07:42 pm »
Zeus is entitled to his opinion does not make him an idiot.

mgba_78

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 07:35:37 pm »
Before an all our war breaks loose on here a bit mor info....

in this road i clean probably about 8 other houses top price one is £17 4 weekly lowest is £12 4 weekly so £3 is way tooooo cheap even though it was for front (6 windows in total and front door).
It is all about location and this location can easily support higher prices, damn most of these people have brand new cars with extensions on extensions and are like 4/5 bed detached.
Fair play to the guy though i see him other day he was up his ladder like a rat up a drain pipe didnt touch the frames, cleaned windows, downed the cuppa his customer made then off straight away to next house.
Dunno how many he does but according to some of my customers hes been going a while so its working for him and the customers he has or he wouldnt still be at it.

Andy
Oooooo that is shiny!!

zeusjazmin

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 08:20:10 am »
if the average price for a pint of lager in my area is say £2.05,we have 6 pubs in my town,how long do you think a pub would last if they charged £4.10 a pint?
the same goes for window cleaning.
its all about location
fast one if your average house was £10,and this is what all window cleaners in your area averaged,would an incomer from another area who was used to getting £20 average moved to your area and charged £20 would you be pleased if he started calling you the £10 brigade?,i dont think so,as i have stated it all depends what area we live in.
i would love to be getting a lot more per house but it just would not happen where i live.
much as you are entitled to your opinion sometimes you have to realise that we are not all the same price wise.

Fast 1 *

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2006, 12:00:59 pm »
ive been through this before.Im only talking about in and around london and the south east etc.The (supposed)average price is about £10.It is common knowledge things are different up north.
wildstyles

s woodliff

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2006, 07:41:18 pm »
were do u live ayrshire if so i dont think its 3 quid maby just u

Customers4u

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 10:10:27 pm »
Further to this thread, 'doorknockers' have developed approximately 50 rounds across the U.K.

We have come across a lot of variations on price, £14 for just terraced house fronts in London, to the other extreme up in Durham, £2 for a semi detached front and back!!

However in the very same area( Durham) we charged £8 for your typical 3 bed semi.

And in the week that we were there, we signed up 140 customers (A team of 5 canvassers)

So the moral is, set your price and dont be swayed by other low charging window cleaners.

The £2 price really is a joke!!

Window cleaning is officially the most dangerous job in the U.K. especially traditional, and everyone out there should be looking to charge AN ABSOLUTE MINIMUM of £5.

Paul   ;)
Window cleaning rounds built to your exact requirements

ducky

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2006, 11:25:56 pm »
the price her in fife is 3.50 i charge £5 i wipe the sill and come back every 4th week.yes i get oh the other lad takes 3.50 i say does the other guy have a licisen and is he insurde does he wipe the sills does he come every 4th week.NO.well dear thats why iam £5 oh and i do them good ;D p.s sorry about the speling ;D
if it cleans we will clean it