Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul mather

Advice on a new van
« on: August 02, 2006, 11:39:56 am »
Will be changing my van in the next 12 months. Just wondered what all you guys would recommend. I have a 400 litre tank in my Supercarry & it will take the weight but there is precious little room for anything else. I also do a days work a week treating lawns so I could use the extra space.

Not sure if I want to go upto a transit or vivaro size van, but was thinking about a Citroen Dispatch or Fiat Scudo. ( they look like the same van, just diff badge) A bit bigger than my Suzuki & the payload is 850kg I think.

Any of you guys drive one of those or something similar size ?
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Trevor Knight

Re: Advice on a new van
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 11:44:00 am »
Hi Paul,

I use Peugeot Expert vans. They are clean, neat and tidy and provide good mpg.

An 18ft pole will sit nicely across the back and leave you space for 2 hose reels.

You can pick up a decent 2nd hand van for around £3,500

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

paul mather

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 11:45:53 am »
That looks the same as a citroen despatch,fiat scudo. What engine size do you have, presume they are diesels
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Trevor Knight

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 11:53:40 am »
Think they are the same.

The ones we use are 1.9D

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Morph

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 11:56:23 am »
They're all the same peugeot engine.
good choice. 1.9d
Fiat will be cheapest.

Lee.

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 05:00:41 pm »
Seems like a good van, my friend had a lot of trouble with the clutch on his fiat scudo. we have a fiat car and had trouble with the clutch on that. Maybe worth looking into if you are going for the fiat version. I bought a nissan vanette cargo. Plenty of space, reliable engine, 900kg payload, drives like a car, 2.3D, you don't know you have a 400kg load in the back when driving it. really happy with it. LDV do something similar called the LDV Cub don't know what that is like though.

Lee

mark coates

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 05:42:52 pm »
if you're thinking of going down the dispatch, expert, scudo route i would definately recommend going for the hdi or jtd model, they cost a bit more but are more economical and drive alot better