Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

johnny_h

nearly killed my first customer!!!!!
« on: July 29, 2006, 08:40:54 pm »
was asked today to price a 3 bed property , no access to to rear , would have to climb over a fence from  the property i was cleaning, she was so pleased to see a window cleaner ... then i quoted £ 10.00 a month ...... you should of seen the face she pulled !!!!!   too much she said .......
AUDI VIDE TACE

Sir Squeaky

Re: nearly killed my first customer!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 08:46:07 pm »
Depends where you are.
It would be around here.

£8 is as much as you can ask for a standard 3-bed job.

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 08:47:20 pm »
That is her loss mate not yours never under quote just to get a job and never lower a quote.
Stay high and you will end up with a decent round

Trevor Knight

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 10:24:27 am »
was asked today to price a 3 bed property , no access to to rear , would have to climb over a fence from  the property i was cleaning, she was so pleased to see a window cleaner ... then i quoted £ 10.00 a month ...... you should of seen the face she pulled !!!!!   too much she said .......

Perhaps if you filled in your profile with your location it would explain why people are shocked at your prices?

I am in Hampshire and you wouldn't get me to clean a 3 bed house for less than £10 minimum.

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 10:50:13 am »
I am in Hampshire and you wouldn't get me to clean a 3 bed house for less than £10 minimum.

Trev
Trev I don't get it.
You say you charge in the region of £25-30 per hour, yet you want £10+ for a 10-12 minute job. ???

Clear Vision

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 10:52:44 am »
Trev,

You should rattle off 5 houses in an hour. If you charge £12 max thats 60 per hour!

You must be loaded ;D

Trevor Knight

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 12:46:54 pm »
Hi Squeeky,

The hourly rate is set for commercial work and for a minimal return from any of my employee's.

Yes granted, We will clean anywhere between 5 - 8 houses per hour per team which will increase the return.

I don't know how to answer this without people thinking I am bigging it up, I am doing anything but this.

To be brutally honest I have a great business, turnover in excess of £250k per year and thats with a 40% domestic inclusion into our figures. I run this as a business. I don't take the foot of the pedal and am constantly looking for ways to improve my business. I set out many years ago with the sole intention of being set up for life at the grand age of 50. I am 39 now and am on target for my goal.

Yes I do command high prices, but in return I offer a totally professional service that in turn will enable me to reach my goals.

I can never replace the previous day but I can always look at how to make tomorrow a better one.

I set a minimal charge of £10 some years ago now and it has never let me down.

Everybody has their own interpretation as to what they expect back from their business, I guess I am just greedy and want to get out as much as I am prepared to put in.

Please dont think this is me giving it the big "I am" as I am not like that, I am just pointing out to people that with a selfish attitude regarding business its amazing just what you get back in return.

Dont work harder, work smarter!!

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

sunshine windows

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 03:43:35 pm »
Fair play to you Trevor.

The main reason i went it alone was to set up a profitable business, and it appears you have done just that.

If i had the balls to just go for it, like you obviously have done then i'm sure I could give you a run for your money. But the truth is not everyone is prepared to stump up the vast amounts of money needed for the initial investment into their business.

With a turnover of 250k a year and rising i'm sure you will be retired sooner than 50 mate. Unless of course you're seeking that playboy mansion lifestyle.

I think that £10 min clean is a reasonable rate (obviously dependant on area), so keep up the hard work and look forward to the luxury yacht.

Regards,
Sunshine
To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk

andypandy

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 07:10:26 pm »
are you from southend?