Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jack Judd

HOT BOX in general. Shower unit caught fire!
« on: December 04, 2023, 10:14:03 pm »
Does anyone have experience of using X=line hot boxes a or any other HOT BOXES diesel to heat the water.  Have been using cowboy shower units for years but I have a lot of commercial retirement villages where I am miles from the van.  Recently changed to another model, didn't tighten up the gas hose to the unit enough, could smell gas but fired it up and it caught fire.  Have 3 lads that work with me, so not good at all and now looking to go down HOT BOX options.  Again like everything these days seems expensive with a 2 man set up being £4500 from Xline and I imagine Ionics is even more.  Any advice welcome. Thanks.

Stoots

Re: HOT BOX in general. Shower unit caught fire!
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 10:24:33 pm »
Can't help you but I think you got off lucky there.

Had anything happened to an employee with a dodgy gas install you would have been in a world of trouble.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 10:30:48 pm »
My gas heater went bang in the back of my brand new van back in early 2017 due to a gas leak.....

Had a 9kw diesel heater installed that same year...

I still love mine despite the occasional hiccup....

I had a new burner after 3 years and I've swapped out a few fuse holders and fuses too....

Had a problem today with my temperature valve but all sorted now...

Most of the time it's trouble free and very reliable day in,day out.
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 10:36:07 pm »
Yes I think you were extremely lucky

If you can’t clean with cold your only option ‘as you employ’ is a fitted system with certification
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk