Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matthewprice

Re: Agm leisure battery
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2023, 02:47:49 pm »
That was why I bought the cetek charger . Designed for lithium. Does it all for you . Takes out the guess work . Lol

Spruce

« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2023, 04:07:10 pm »
That was why I bought the cetek charger . Designed for lithium. Does it all for you . Takes out the guess work . Lol

That's fine. I read that you have to have more control when charging a lithium battery. There is so much contradictory information out there that I wouldn't know what is right and what isn't.

Here's Tesla advising that it's best not to fully charge a lithium battery, but to leave it at 80 to 90%. Then there is the salesman that will tell you to fully charge it because it's all about range for you and sales for him. A Tesla charge point will charge a lithium battery to 100%, although rapid charge is to 80% I believe. Is this what your Ctek charger will do, or will it only charge your battery to 80 or 90% to preserve its longevity?

https://cleantechnica.com/2021/05/01/should-i-charge-my-tesla-to-80-or-90-or-100/

In fact, I see that some lithium battery suppliers will give the number of depth of discharge cycles to 50% (same as a leisure battery) and hence get these fantastic DOD cycles that make lithium look much cheaper in the long run when compared to lead acid. It's a marketing tool to make you think you are getting more than you actually are. But none will tell you whether you can fully charge a lithium battery or not.

I'm not saying this applies to you, Matthew, I'm just airing my concerns with lithium that suppliers don't tell us.

If we believe what Tesla say, and you charge your lithium battery to 90% and don't go below 10% charged, you haven't got 75 amps in your battery to use. You only have 60 to use, which is 10 amps more than I have with my 105amp hour leisure battery.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

zesty

« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2023, 04:42:28 pm »
Interestingly Spruce, power tool lithium battery’s are always charged to full, obviously they are much smaller battery’s but who knows!

My ‘Milwaukee fuel’ battery’s are always charged to full by the charger, I usually never let them run out before re charging.

aaron musson

« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2023, 05:04:36 pm »
Interestingly Spruce, power tool lithium battery’s are always charged to full, obviously they are much smaller battery’s but who knows!

My ‘Milwaukee fuel’ battery’s are always charged to full by the charger, I usually never let them run out before re charging.
hi zesty hows it goin,long time since was on this forum i see you about we wave  nice tranny. Tell you who i saw recent that windie who put it about was working hi rises  in the states but wasnt really dyou know who i mean ? nows got a white combo ,from Clacton how the mighty av fallen  aye  hes working the dregs in Colly he needs telling hes driving with almost flat tyre on passenger rear

matthewprice

« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2023, 05:27:41 pm »
Think when I bought battery it could hold 14.4 but charger put it up to 13.8 . That makes sense about 90%

zesty

« Reply #25 on: April 24, 2023, 05:38:47 pm »

hi zesty hows it goin,long time since was on this forum i see you about we wave  nice tranny. Tell you who i saw recent that windie who put it about was working hi rises  in the states but wasnt really dyou know who i mean ? nows got a white combo ,from Clacton how the mighty av fallen  aye  hes working the dregs in Colly he needs telling hes driving with almost flat tyre on passenger rear

Not sure who you mean? The old big red monkey guy? He did move to Florida I thought…

Spruce

« Reply #26 on: April 24, 2023, 05:54:02 pm »
Think when I bought battery it could hold 14.4 but charger put it up to 13.8 . That makes sense about 90%

These charts say differently;

https://footprinthero.com/lifepo4-battery-voltage-charts

I just don't know

Spruce

« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2023, 05:57:00 pm »

Good point. So does my Dewalt.

zesty

« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2023, 07:19:29 pm »

Good point. So does my Dewalt.

I suppose you charge it to 100% then use it pretty much straight away. They’re such small battery’s that it probably wouldn’t make sense to limit the charge.

Or, without knowing it, perhaps the chargers don’t actually fully charge the battery. We’d just never know! Even with the charge indicator on the battery, who knows if it’s lying to begin with!

aaron musson

« Reply #29 on: April 25, 2023, 02:10:43 am »

Not sure who you mean? The old big red monkey guy? He did move to Florida I thought…
the northern guy who bought out big red monkey and then lost all his work.  looks a bit like long haired bill oddie  .  makes out hes got a fleet of vans but has 1 

zesty

« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2023, 08:05:10 am »

the northern guy who bought out big red monkey and then lost all his work.  looks a bit like long haired bill oddie  .  makes out hes got a fleet of vans but has 1

Oh yeah I know!

Haven’t seen him in years.

Who are you by the way? I wave to loads of different window cleaners