Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

clarkson

Pole hose
« on: December 12, 2022, 03:27:20 pm »
Hi
We where working with someone the other day who is set up.differently to us.

We have traditional length of pole hose into easy snap connectors.

He had a length of pole hose that only ran to the base of his pole the van hose connected there . This means when he extends the van hose goes up the pole to all bet the last section .

Anyone else work this way ?

Can see the advantage as pole hose is always the one to wrap around things and snag

Cheers
John

Granny

Re: Pole hose
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2022, 03:50:44 pm »
Sounds like that would increase the weight of the pole,  especially if using at an extended length, wouldn't like to try it for window  over a conny >:(

mike1986

« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2022, 07:35:04 pm »
I tried that for a few weeks once and yes the pole was just too heavy. Had aching back and shoulders

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2022, 09:54:19 pm »
Hi
We where working with someone the other day who is set up.differently to us.

We have traditional length of pole hose into easy snap connectors.

He had a length of pole hose that only ran to the base of his pole the van hose connected there . This means when he extends the van hose goes up the pole to all bet the last section .

Anyone else work this way ?

Can see the advantage as pole hose is always the one to wrap around things and snag

Cheers
John

No.....my pole hose is over 25 feet long....having microbore going up inside your pole will just make your pole a lot heavier esp fully extended over an extension/conny,etc....

If it ain't broke......don't try and fix it!
price higher/work harder!

tlwcs

« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2022, 07:01:49 am »
Perhaps you saw a tubeless set up from exceed?
I have 100 meters of pole hose on my reel. It doesn’t seem to restrict the flow or burn out pumps in the 4 or 5 years I’ve worked like this.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2022, 08:36:48 am »
I have 100 meters of pole hose on my reel. It doesn’t seem to restrict the flow or burn out pumps in the 4 or 5 years I’ve worked like this.
Isn’t it more of a trip hazard for pedestrians though as it’s less likely to lay flat on the pavement?

High-Tower

« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2022, 09:02:33 am »
I work like that with microbore.
I much prefer it, I always found pole hose a bit of a struggle with it twisting and kinking and splitting, although I think better pole hoses are available now,
It also saves the rectus being dragged around and getting caught up.
I don’t really notice the extra weight,  80% of my work is ground and 1st floor with a few dormers or veluxes, nothing much above 25ft.

tlwcs

« Reply #7 on: December 13, 2022, 04:38:15 pm »
Isn’t it more of a trip hazard for pedestrians though as it’s less likely to lay flat on the pavement?

Not sure I follow KS. Any set up will have a hose from the van to house or houses.
The exceed pole hose is tough. Also because it uncoupled each time it’s put away it tends not to have any memory and rarely kinks and lays flat most of the time
Tony

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: December 13, 2022, 05:05:13 pm »

No. It's smaller in circumference. I use Streamline reinforced red pole hose from Soap National.
It's a game of three halves!