Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

george renwick

Di or move to Ro
« on: September 24, 2022, 08:11:00 pm »
Hi have worked with Di only for last few years probably using a bag of resin every two months which I use about 3000 litres a month ,Would it be viable to get a small ro system like this and would I save. money on resin ?? would it be viable or not  🤔 my tds  is around 80 . I don't know owt about ro systems cheers
450 GPD Compact Reverse Osmosis & DI System Complete with Booster Pump Mounted on Frame - Pure Freedom

NWH

Re: Di or move to Ro
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2022, 09:05:40 pm »
I have the Pure Freedom boosted system it’s fantastic tbh a bag of resin will give me 3 changes so I won’t use anymore than 2 bags a year max I reckon,even at low TDS it’s worth an RO why would you resin only with low TDS if you had a decent RO you could get the water down to around 2-5PPM and work with that,that would be cheaper than DI only. 

george renwick

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2022, 10:02:16 pm »
Hi which system do you have ? How many litres a day does it do and how often do you change the filters?  How many litres would it do before you had to change the membrane ? Thanks

NWH

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2022, 09:05:09 am »
To put it into some sort of perspective George you are talking millions of litres before needing to change the membrane for about 300 notes,I have the best one Pure Freedom do that’s what I asked for that uses a single RO mines stainless steel.
I change the pre filters every couple of months they are 20” you can use anyones they don’t have to be from the manufacturer of the system like they would be from say Ionic.

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2022, 07:41:16 pm »
I use around 2 and half bags of resin a year...Well worth it rather than faffing about with an RO....

My tap tds is 024 but even if it was higher I wouldn't use an RO as I'm on a water meter....👍
price higher/work harder!

jo5hm4n

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2022, 08:09:33 pm »
Hi have worked with Di only for last few years probably using a bag of resin every two months which I use about 3000 litres a month ,Would it be viable to get a small ro system like this and would I save. money on resin ?? would it be viable or not  🤔 my tds  is around 80 . I don't know owt about ro systems cheers
450 GPD Compact Reverse Osmosis & DI System Complete with Booster Pump Mounted on Frame - Pure Freedom

Yes this is perfect.  You should produce 1000L in under 24 hours and a bag of resin will last year more than a year.

Actually you might not even need Resin.  We have a 450GPD RO system tap water tds going in is 165, comes out of pre filters/membranes at 008.  We only use the resin to polish it off to 003 or below.  You might get away with just using RO no resin tbh.

Do it though its worth the investment long term.

Ascjim

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2022, 12:01:24 pm »
We do DI only and fill up anywhere