Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DJW

Re: First day back after 10 days and get this
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2022, 09:30:55 pm »
Hamlet? Bloody peasants.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2022, 11:17:34 pm »
Hamlet? Bloody peasants.

Cigar smoking peasants, Yorick.
It's a game of three halves!

Walter Mitty

« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2022, 06:47:04 pm »
That’s the thing with window cleaning you can’t say a no cancellation policy that’s why in this job you need to have sensible people as you’re customers.

By 'no cancellation' following a reduction in frequency, clearly, I can't force someone to have their windows cleaned, but I can choose to not be the one to clean them.

Slacky

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2022, 09:07:07 pm »
I walked away from a half decent job a few weeks back after they told me not to clean the windows because they had plants growing in front of one of the downstairs windows. Not the first cancellation with them but it was a ring on the buzzer to be let in job, so I figured next time I come and any subsequent visits I won't know if there's going to be another excuse or another after that.

They'll get someone else and it may be he is cheaper than me but they'll muck him about too im sure.

Splash & dash

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2022, 10:13:21 am »
I walked away from a half decent job a few weeks back after they told me not to clean the windows because they had plants growing in front of one of the downstairs windows. Not the first cancellation with them but it was a ring on the buzzer to be let in job, so I figured next time I come and any subsequent visits I won't know if there's going to be another excuse or another after that.

They'll get someone else and it may be he is cheaper than me but they'll muck him about too im sure.

Funny you say this I had a customer with bushes growing over the window it was that bad you couldn’t get to the window to clean  it so didn’t do it , they deducted money from the price and said I should have made more of an effort to clean it , told them ime a window cleaner  not a Gardner . Won’t be going back .

robbo333

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2022, 08:20:28 pm »
I think your reply was ok.
I wouldn't have let it get to 4 cancellations, 2 or 3 max and they're out!
It's done you a favour, you don't want customers like that, they are just a pain in the bottom and always will be, so just get rid of them. You can't build a good quality round with customers like that.
I love texting, because it weeds out all the rubbish customers, they do it for you, themselves! They may as well just send you a text saying 'I'm going to be a crap customer, do you want to keep me?'
Focus on getting reliable customers, not trying to make something good out of the bad ones.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Bungle

« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2022, 09:00:05 pm »
I think your reply was ok.
I wouldn't have let it get to 4 cancellations, 2 or 3 max and they're out!
It's done you a favour, you don't want customers like that, they are just a pain in the bottom and always will be, so just get rid of them. You can't build a good quality round with customers like that.
I love texting, because it weeds out all the rubbish customers, they do it for you, themselves! They may as well just send you a text saying 'I'm going to be a crap customer, do you want to keep me?'
Focus on getting reliable customers, not trying to make something good out of the bad ones.

The last sentence is spot on. It should be made a sticky!
We look at them, they look through them.