Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

FAO Paul Mather
« on: July 22, 2006, 08:58:26 pm »
Hi paul

With regards to the difference between the vikan brush and the autobrush.

Well where do I start ?

Vikan brush

1. I used the vikan from day 1 for 3 months solid.
2. It started leaving red marks on the white pvc frames.
3. All the s**t of the day sticks to the bristles.
4. It's not the best shapped brush for getting right into the corners.
5. It's heavy!!

Auto Brush

1. Thought I would give it a try!
2. Best brush I have ever bought.
3. The shape is second to none which gives you more accurate controll of where you are cleaning.
4. The bristles are mono filliment (I hope thats how you spell it) which means you dont need to lift off the glass when rinsing
5. It's an auto brush which means you can shut off the water just with a simple tap to the side of the frame.
6. It doesn't leave red marks over peoples frames.

Thats my oppinions anyway. I think I was being a bit harsh by saying the vikan is rubish. I thought it was the bees knees when I first had it until I got the auto brush. When using the auto brush I think it feels more proffesional.

Please excuse my poor spellings! :-[ Wish there was a spell check on this :'([/left]

paul mather

Re: FAO Paul Mather
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 11:17:49 pm »
Clearvision,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my question, a couple more for you,

1. Is the autobrush the same as a Salmon brush
2. In the picture the autobrush looks quite a bit longer than the vikan, does that cause you any probs with things like small georgians.
3. How long did it take you to get used to knocking it on the side to get the water to flow.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

matt

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 11:19:58 pm »
Clearvision,

2. In the picture the autobrush looks quite a bit longer than the vikan, does that cause you any probs with things like small georgians.
3. How long did it take you to get used to knocking it on the side to get the water to flow.

i can help you with 1 point, hate to jump in, but im bored

1, the autobrush in this case is the Salmon brush, though i belive peter  will fit it to any brush you want

cannot help you with the other 2 points

Clear Vision

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2006, 09:47:54 am »
Clearvision,

Hi paul,

The auto brush is 15" where the vikan is 10. This doesn't cause any problems at all. I just wanted a bigger brush so I would get a better coverage over the glass and get the job done quicker. If I come across a narrow window I just turn the brush vertical and use it like that!

You asked "long did it take you to get used to knocking it on the side to get the water to flow." Instantly!!! ;) It's so simple to use. You will sometimes come across a window that is flush to the frames so you can't knock it off the side. All you do is turn it on its end and knock it against the roof or the sill. There will allways be something ther for you knock it against  ;)

matt is right, the auto brush is the salmon brush but the auto turn off device could be taken off and cut down to size and fitted to a vikan brush of a smaller size.

At the end of the day everyone has thier own oppinions. But if you don't try it you will never know! I was a bit unsure at first but when it came and I started to use it I was extremely pleased with it.

P.S still use the vikan for really dirty jobs that are baked on with bird s**t as I don't want to ruin my auto brush!

Clear Vision

paul mather

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2006, 09:52:15 am »
Clearvision,

How much is one of those brushes, I might give it a go, & where's the best place to get one from, cheers.
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Clear Vision

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2006, 10:03:09 am »
Peter fogwill! They are not that cheap though but I think it's well worth it.

It works out about 80 quid.

Get one. You will enjoy it. :D