Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

alank

Re: pay hols sick
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2022, 08:53:56 am »
Minimum wage to start then £10 per hour if he's decent,  bonus if all scheduled work is complete at end of month.

NWH

« Reply #21 on: April 12, 2022, 11:54:18 am »
I didn’t realise he could be a school leaver you will be having to  pay him proper money then if he stays with you for 5 -6 years starting him on 80 a day and bonus,

Stoots

« Reply #22 on: April 12, 2022, 03:21:04 pm »
How much per hour would everybody say would be a fair wage for a school leaver (18)

Well the minimum is £6.83

Fair would be what you and them deem acceptable.

£6.83 would suit me  :D

Lol pay peanuts and you will get monkeys , no one will want to work  enthusiastically or do a good job for that .

I've found it doesn't matter how much you pay it's more to do with the individual.  Some people just don't want to work and don't care,  others are keen to impress. Money isn't that good a motivator for doing a good job a lot of its about having morals and work ethic.

Personally I couldn't work for someone else and not try to do a good job, I'd hate the thought of someone thinking im slacking and would be mortified  if I was getting complaints. That's not a money thing its a pride thing.

johnny bravo

« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2022, 06:22:34 pm »
pay him the national min. wage
also after he has progressed to doing a decent job  pay him extra  in hand .     win win both ways .     offer him overtime cash in hand       he will be a loyal worker if he is a decent worker.       then if he drives get a small van and stick him in it .   

NWH

« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2022, 07:26:51 pm »
I won’t ever do anything in hand it’s just not worth it in the long run,the chances are they will need to show all they can and you’ll need to show all you’re paying out for Tax relief,once you get in to the rut of cash in hand it’s harder for you both to all of a sudden start paying that extra amount through the books and he  will probably lose out in the long run as his Tax may increase.

Smudger

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2022, 07:52:06 pm »
pay him the national min. wage
also after he has progressed to doing a decent job  pay him extra  in hand .     win win both ways .     offer him overtime cash in hand       he will be a loyal worker if he is a decent worker.       then if he drives get a small van and stick him in it .   

The worst advice I’ve seen on here in a long time
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2022, 08:05:40 pm »
Get a van and stick him in it lol that’s a nice way of putting it,how about letting him know he’s valued and that he can progress if he shows promise.