Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paul mather

Salmon brush V Vikan
« on: July 22, 2006, 10:57:34 am »
Have heard a few people go on about this salmon brush, & how good it is. being fairly new to WFP I was supplied with a Vikan & I find it fine but then I have nothing to compare it to.

The only annoying thing I find with it is the rubber occasionally leaves a red mark if you use it at the wrong angle. Some say you should take that rubber off but is it not there for a reason to protect the brush itself?. Noticed after only 3 days work some off the rubber is starting to wear.

By the way if they are so good where do I get one from?
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Alex Gardiner

Re: Salmon brush V Vikan
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 11:09:24 am »
The only way to answer this is to try them both out!

We have and we now use ...........Vikan! we could easily supply salmon brushes but we are just not convinced having used them, they do make good floor brushes though.

I have another commercial make of brush in my workshop that I am very impressed with though. It offers mono-filament bristles, is slightly lighter than a vikan (not as light as a salmon) and it has a proper screw thread mount unlike the push fit salmon. We just don't know whether it is worth bringing yet another brush to market.

I now personally am using our new super-lite brushes on all my poles over 18ft as it reduces work strain, these are going out on Monday to our 10 Super-lite pole trialers, have to see what they think of them (they only weigh 239g, so lighter than a salmon)

paul mather

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 11:21:35 am »
Alex,

As I wanted a pole to do all my work(including 2nd floor windows) Kirsty supplied me with a 24 foot pole I think. As it is a fairly large one & so relatively heavy do you think just changing my brush will make much difference
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

steve m

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 12:50:17 pm »
when will these new brushes be on the market. I also do a lot of three stories and have to use the pole at a sideways angle, so loseing any amount of weight is a bonus

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 01:08:04 pm »
We have tried both Salmon and Vikan.

IMO they both give a good finish if your technique is right.  Personally I like the Vikan square version (as oposed to the rounded one) as it gets right into the corners.

Downside, its a little heavier but not enough to worry about .

Sarah

Sarah

jouk45

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 01:33:01 pm »
you will all love the new rotary brush when it comes on to the market, what i can tell you is this brush is so powerful its unstopable, and speed variable, i will keep you all informed of future developments, boy is wfp going to be so easy,

EasyClean

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2006, 05:36:40 am »
This message applies to Alex Gardiner. I am one of the lucky 10 guinea pigs who will be trying out the 60ft 'Superlite' poles from gardiner supplies. I have bought several products from this company and will continue to purchase as and when needs require. I have been very impressed with their 'microbore' hose and the new one handed hose fittings to compliment the microbore hose they are now marketing. I have a lot of high level commercial and old victorian residences to window clean so I will be able to fully test the new superlite pole to my hearts content. At the moment I am using 'Ionics' carbon ergolite and 'Tuckers' aluminium poles for high work and 'Gardiners Glass Fibre poles for lower work so I will be able to make a good comparison between the three. All poles have their pros and cons just like no 2 people are the same. I will let you know how I get on with the new pole. I'm eagerly awaiting delivery this week so I can play with my new pole!
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 06:58:28 am »
What about Gaz's brushes. You can't have a discussion about brushes without including Gaz.
Gaz gets my vote.

steve m

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2006, 11:10:06 am »
is there anyone out there that fits the type of jet that you require rather than supplying jets that they come with, or do I still have to order a brush and have the grief of doing it all myself

jouk45

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2006, 12:02:34 pm »
steve, you have to tell the supplier what type of spray nozzles you want, most suppliers offer low or high pressure nozzles with the brush when you purchase it,

steve m

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 01:04:37 pm »
every time I've bought new brushe I've told em what size I want all I normally get is"ok"

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 01:16:23 pm »
Hi Paul,

Yes just changing the brush can make a lot of difference, when we have feedback from our trials we may well start retailing these brushes.

Alex

Easyclean, we know you will enjoy the pole, and it will be on it's way shortly.

Alex