Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richy essex

razor wash
« on: February 08, 2022, 04:02:49 pm »
razor wash upvc cleaner
screw fix upvc spray

Has anyone used the razor wash for gutter cleaning etc?   or the screwfix stuff for more localised stains on cills and doors?.

What do you use or recommend  that cleans well
but also safe for pets and the user   and doesn’t damage other surface etc.

also if useing these products on conny roofs is there any thing to be aware of in terms of it getting on the glass panels for example .

i think the topic of the post is what upvc cleaner do you recommend and why thanks lol

any input gratefully received…

simon w

Re: razor wash
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2022, 05:15:33 pm »
99.9,% of the time we use hypo diluted according to what we are cleaning when we do use other products it just seems like hard work in comparison

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2022, 05:18:41 pm »
I dont mess about buying all these fancy products.

On my van i have all supermarket products...

All purpose cleaner, which is a degreaser like G101 but diluted.

I also have cream cleaner, washing up liquid and bleach.

Ive also tried toilet duck gel, it wasnt that impressive but clings to the brush well

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2022, 06:29:07 am »
I dont mess about buying all these fancy products.

On my van i have all supermarket products...

All purpose cleaner, which is a degreaser like G101 but diluted.

I also have cream cleaner, washing up liquid and bleach.

Ive also tried toilet duck gel, it wasnt that impressive but clings to the brush well

I agree and do the same. Using household cleaners means I don't have to keep an updated COSHH register on the van. When it comes to a glass conservatory roof, then I don't use cleaners at all.

I once asked a glass window repairer how I could tell if the glass on a glass conservatory roof is self cleaning or not. His answer: ask the owner. If he/she doesn't know then treat it as self cleaning.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

james peters

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2022, 07:56:25 am »
99.9,% of the time we use hypo diluted according to what we are cleaning when we do use other products it just seems like hard work in comparison

I also use hypo, I use the gardiners spray nozzle to apply it thoroughly. leave for a few mins , then just brush it off.
It just falls off.
No TFR, or supermarket products come close.   it removes the need for scrubbing like a nutter.

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2022, 08:13:53 am »

I also use hypo, I use the gardiners spray nozzle to apply it thoroughly. leave for a few mins , then just brush it off.
It just falls off.
No TFR, or supermarket products come close.   it removes the need for scrubbing like a nutter.

What about PPE? Do you get kitted up like you are about to step onto the moon?
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

james peters

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2022, 08:21:05 am »

It just falls off.

What about PPE? Do you get kitted up like you are about to step onto the moon?

No , for gutters I only use a week mix of around 1 part hypo to 15 part water, if that even.
I wear my dedicated spotty work clothes for these jobs
If I need to I will wear eye protection.
I also keep my hypo in small 5 litre bottles , much easier to pour.