Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jk999

Re: Extra for a first clean or not?
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2021, 08:12:27 pm »
Always  extra but I only add half of what the jobs worth,had one of my customers ask me to do her neighbour s house Christmas before this one we have just had asked her if it was one off she said it was for Christmas  so I gave her 1 off price she said no but she had them done this Christmas at the 1 off price ,so Always exgra

NWH

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2021, 08:16:39 pm »
I don’t want any 1 offs like I say you can tell from the initial contact what’s going to happen more often than not,I can see problems coming in the future when the old guard fade away.
Older customers I’ve had for years are fantastic you turn up like they are old friends pleased to see you and vice versa,unless middle aged family’s have been used to a regular service they don’t really want it usually they’ve grown up with having a window cleaner,I can see into the future for window cleaners and even if you are a small business you will need 100s and 100s of customers due to people wanting windows cleaned 3-4 times a year max.

NWH

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2021, 08:24:27 pm »
I had a customer 2 months ago pass away what an absolute gent he was I could go every 4-5 weeks if I wanted year in year out the cleaner made me a coffee,60 notes 20-25 minutes work always had a smile on his face till the end been cleaning that house since -1969-70.
This generation were the best customers never a question never a moan,like I say when they go they’ll be gone for good different attitudes today.

Stoots

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2021, 08:58:18 pm »
I had a customer 2 months ago pass away what an absolute gent he was I could go every 4-5 weeks if I wanted year in year out the cleaner made me a coffee,60 notes 20-25 minutes work always had a smile on his face till the end been cleaning that house since -1969-70.
This generation were the best customers never a question never a moan,like I say when they go they’ll be gone for good different attitudes today.

Bloody hell how old are you, 70?

No wonder you have gone crackers cleaning windows that long

NWH

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2021, 09:19:09 pm »
Family business m8 going since 63.

deeege

« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2021, 07:40:10 am »
Family business m8 going since 63.

Explains a lot.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

NWH

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2021, 10:16:16 am »
Yeah it explains a lot like that’s why I don’t do terrace and semi detached house for the price of a tea and sandwich.

Stoots

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2021, 12:24:33 pm »
Yeah it explains a lot like that’s why I don’t do terrace and semi detached house for the price of a tea and sandwich.

Yeh but in 63 you must have had the pick of the lot with not much competition.

These days for lads starting up its a case of take what you can get as all the best stuff is sewn up.

Tea and a bacon sarnie near me is about 3 or 4 quid.

NWH

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2021, 02:02:54 pm »
🤣🤣 m8 my Dad started in that terrible winter of 63 that customer I was on about is  the last to go now or though some have only gone a few years ago. He let it whittle right down over the years until I joined him and then about 10 years later I got it making decent money,he was old Skool m8 we’d clean stuff that should have been 3x the price he just wanted something to in his later years he had big cleaning contracts back in the day insurance companies banks etc, 15-20 women mornings and evenings it was just beer money back then the windows that is.
He had very good contacts though the old man he was a scratch golfer I should know he played 3 x a week and left me to it 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 🏌️‍♂️

Mike Burd

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2021, 02:24:20 pm »
Always  extra but I only add half of what the jobs worth,had one of my customers ask me to do her neighbour s house Christmas before this one we have just had asked her if it was one off she said it was for Christmas  so I gave her 1 off price she said no but she had them done this Christmas at the 1 off price ,so Always exgra
Good to see you back posting.

jay moley

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2021, 06:40:14 pm »
I'm charging extra for the first clean but not anything over the top.

The money is in the repeat business.

It's hard work the first time of course but maintenance cleans are a breeze.

dazmond

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2021, 07:56:16 pm »

theres nothing wrong with cleaning small estate jobs...esp if you have rows and rows of them...i still make a good hourly rate...nice bread and butter regular jobs.....90+ jobs all virtually next door to each other and another 70+ jobs on another estate across the road..... :)
price higher/work harder!

NWH

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2021, 08:06:33 pm »
No there’s nothing wrong with it Daz but it’s not really where you want to be or what you want to be cleaning every day for years m8,wheat and chaffing over the years constantly is a good idea if I’d kept all the work I’d had for the last 25 years I’d have 6 routes of work but a fair chunk of it would be just like that.
You’ve got to ask yourself do you want to clean 5 jobs for 100 notes or do you want to clean 1-2 in less time,wheat chaff wheat chaff,it’s not rocket science is it comes a time when you should be able to walk and earn more than the bloke that’s running.

NWH

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2021, 08:47:54 pm »
I can’t think of anything worse than cleaning that kind of work day in day out m8 I used to do some estate work many many years ago,I just left it and never went back to it you’ll only ever be able to get so much per day whatever you are cleaning but small estate work you are limiting yourself even more,you’ll only be able to stick those 15-20 quid jobs up so much if they are higher priced jobs already it’s happy days or at least happier.

dazmond

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2021, 10:14:45 pm »
I can’t think of anything worse than cleaning that kind of work day in day out m8 I used to do some estate work many many years ago,I just left it and never went back to it you’ll only ever be able to get so much per day whatever you are cleaning but small estate work you are limiting yourself even more,you’ll only be able to stick those 15-20 quid jobs up so much if they are higher priced jobs already it’s happy days or at least happier.

Its 8 days work a month...most of my other work is larger jobs.....it doesn't bother me one bit...I like the variety......👍
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2021, 10:24:18 pm »
A window is a window whether its on a small bungalow or mansion...... 

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2021, 11:25:30 pm »
No there’s nothing wrong with it Daz but it’s not really where you want to be or what you want to be cleaning every day for years m8,wheat and chaffing over the years constantly is a good idea if I’d kept all the work I’d had for the last 25 years I’d have 6 routes of work but a fair chunk of it would be just like that.
You’ve got to ask yourself do you want to clean 5 jobs for 100 notes or do you want to clean 1-2 in less time,wheat chaff wheat chaff,it’s not rocket science is it comes a time when you should be able to walk and earn more than the bloke that’s running.
Nigel I’ve said this time after time but you don’t seem to take it in, in my experience people in my area are not prepared to pay £60-80 an hour for a window cleaning service, and to be honest I don’t blame them, I wouldn’t want to pay a semi skilled operative these kind of rates either. However people don’t bat an eyelid at paying £10 for 6-8 mins work and as such your hourly rate of £60-80 goes unnoticed. For that reason compact private estate work can be more lucrative up here than doing mansions. I’m sure you can understand that?

NWH

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2021, 11:46:15 pm »
Yeah I know KS I was meaning certain areas I wasn’t generalising really tbh and just my preference and I don’t want to do anything to jeopardise my place in that bed,and as for saying a window is a window I can’t agree with that there’s a lot of factors which means you can get more for cleaning that same window on a different property in a different area.
That’s like saying you clean 30 windows on a house and I do the same and we get the same money for it,I can guarantee you that’s not right for starters lol.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2021, 12:03:20 am »
Yeah I know KS I was meaning certain areas I wasn’t generalising really tbh and just my preference and I don’t want to do anything to jeopardise my place in that bed,and as for saying a window is a window I can’t agree with that there’s a lot of factors which means you can get more for cleaning that same window on a different property in a different area.
That’s like saying you clean 30 windows on a house and I do the same and we get the same money for it,I can guarantee you that’s not right for starters lol.
😂 Aye that’s fair enough.

NWH

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2021, 11:33:02 am »
You can build a route of work that financially would be better than 3 average routes of work but it’s year on year wheat from the chaff,I go to places now where I used to have maybe 10-15 jobs but I now only do 2-3.
Like I say I drove through 3 villages a couple of weeks ago and I counted  25-30 jobs I’ve dropped out over the years,the few that I do in each area works out better financially for less time spent cleaning it’s all about price and using your time wisely you can only clean so much in a day.