Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

AMV8

Pro chem one day course
« on: October 19, 2020, 09:23:50 pm »
I’m booked in for pro chems one day carpet cleaning course next month. Any prior research I could do to make the most of the course?

I’ll be cleaning my own house and in-laws too, looked at a few machines and considering a karcher puzzi 10/1 - seems to offer decent value for money.. any alternatives?

Lewis Newby

Re: Pro chem one day course
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 08:25:44 pm »
Get on the course first ,you will have a better idea of what you need afterwards. For what it's worth if your serious about starting up don't waste your money on a puzzi

dustee

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2020, 09:38:45 pm »
So what do you think your going to learn on a one day course , simple answer not a lot
As for a puzzi  i would suggest you go on a proper course before you consider equipment . a puzzi is more a spotter machine and about as much good as a chocolate fire guard whe n it comes to cleaning carpets

if this sounds brutal its meant to
save your money enrol on a proper course then go from there

AMV8

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 02:47:49 pm »
What course would u recommend then?

Kinver_Clean

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2020, 10:43:15 am »
The only NCCA recognised course is at Solutions Cornwall.
God must love stupid people---He made so many.

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2020, 01:54:17 pm »
hi

you will learn about carpet cleaning methods, what machine and product for which situation or dirt level.

good luck its the absolute best course available. excellent choice

Ian

Nicky Hughes

« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2020, 06:28:52 am »
Best course you will attend is solutions world of clean in Cornwall .
And as for a machine I would highly recommend the cub.

john martin

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2020, 06:17:18 pm »
Best course you will attend is solutions world of clean in Cornwall .
And as for a machine I would highly recommend the cub.

Let me guess  ...   that the first and only machine you ever had   ?   :)
and you bought it after attending the  ....  ' course '      which was also the only one you were ever on ?

AMV8

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2020, 12:35:13 am »
Sadly this course has been cancelled due to lockdown. I have my machine now just trying to decide which solutions to choose. Any recommendations?

Nicky Hughes

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2020, 12:31:34 pm »
No it’s not the only course I have attended, I have also been on the clean smart course.
I did NOT BUY the cub after going on there course, I have other machines as well , as I’ve been trading for 28 years. Just stating solutions best  course imo and cub is a great machine.

john martin

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2020, 12:54:59 pm »
You are window/gutter  cleaning 28yrs  ...   you were only considering getting into carpets in june this year ... you did the course /bought your cub oct this year .  :P
Cleantalk is full of guys offering definitive advice /opinions after only a few months  ...  its not your fault , the bunch of retired old shills on cleantalk whose mission is to get sales for nick for the few brownies points he chucks to them  would have influnced your purchase .
No one would have mentioned a machine like the miniflex for one  eg  ,  better quality body ... higher spec ... for LESS £ than the cub .

Nicky Hughes

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2020, 03:14:01 pm »
Yes m8 windows & gutters.
Cleaned carpets for years, but stopped cleaning them 10 years ago, decided to re start as my customers were constantly asking me  , yes been on a course did not buy anything offsolutions,.picked a cub up cheap with all the equipment ready to go failed business,  I do not care who gets brownie points of the owner ,as I don’t even use there chemicals, I’ve looked at buying a second hand mini flex but can’t find 1 at the right price,

john martin

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2020, 03:44:05 pm »
No Mpower  :'(       Fair enough  , best of luck with it all    :)

Robin Ray

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2020, 05:41:34 pm »
Sadly this course has been cancelled due to lockdown. I have my machine now just trying to decide which solutions to choose. Any recommendations?

Everyone has their favorite chemicals however there are a few which I always seem to go back to. Here are a few..

Prochem Powerburst (prespray for heavy soil)
M2 Up and Out  (Enzyme prespray) good all rounder as well imo.
Prochem Pureclene, again a good all rounder. (a bit like SPM but without oxy)
Restore bio clean (like Mpower) some people find colidials rubbish, buy some and make your own decision) good for linen sofas, wool carpets etc.. I find myself using it more and more and get good results.
Chemspec Liquid F90 (very versatile extraction solution) I use it when ever I can.
Hydramaster Hydra clean (an extraction detergent)
Hydramaster Clearwater rinse (acid rinse with cleaning ability).
TMF protectall (high dilution protector)
Restore Gum go (solvent gel)
Prochem Citrus gel
Craftex coffee an tea remover
Solvall spotter
Prochem rust remover

There are many more but i think all these give good solid consistent results, .......for me that is

dustee

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2020, 08:48:32 pm »
John what is it with you and solutions , as i get the impression  you don't like them for what ever reason  and before you bite my head off i'm only asking

john martin

« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2020, 09:31:53 pm »
What gave you that idea   ? Really , i dont care that much  :D    it is what it is  ,   They have the fake forum selling questionable products and ideas to impressionable newbies who think they found a source of help and information .
Its a curious thing  ,   you have the older guys guiding the newbies towards sales  ,   and after a few months the newbies are emulating that behavior and selling to the newer guys  ...  you know  , the typical answers to any question ,  you need training  ... a sample pack ...  a cub ...
Its good for nick im sure  , these mindless sales robots reproducing themself .
Its not a great start for many though  ... after they buy the training and nick sends them off with a cub sticking out the car window and the back bumper dragging the ground from three 20 liters of watery mpower   ... they will struggle on for a year or two til their brother in law finds them a job in a warehouse or what ever  ... and theyll still have some mpower left in the shed .   :D

AMV8

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2020, 03:42:42 am »

Everyone has their favorite chemicals however there are a few which I always seem to go back to. Here are a few..

Prochem Powerburst (prespray for heavy soil)
M2 Up and Out  (Enzyme prespray) good all rounder as well imo.
Prochem Pureclene, again a good all rounder. (a bit like SPM but without oxy)
Restore bio clean (like Mpower) some people find colidials rubbish, buy some and make your own decision) good for linen sofas, wool carpets etc.. I find myself using it more and more and get good results.
Chemspec Liquid F90 (very versatile extraction solution) I use it when ever I can.
Hydramaster Hydra clean (an extraction detergent)
Hydramaster Clearwater rinse (acid rinse with cleaning ability).
TMF protectall (high dilution protector)
Restore Gum go (solvent gel)
Prochem Citrus gel
Craftex coffee an tea remover
Solvall spotter
Prochem rust remover

There are many more but i think all these give good solid consistent results, .......for me that is

What do u think of pro chem fibresafe gold powder as an all round extraction solution? Is it safe to use on pretty much all carpet fibres? Do I need to be careful with the ph levels, what’s the best way to work out safe dilution?

Thanks again

Robin Ray

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2020, 05:50:46 pm »
I cant comment on Fibresafe Gold as I have never used it. I personally prefer Liquid F90 as it can be used for a large range of situations.