Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

andyralph

Ova 8 hi mod
« on: October 18, 2020, 06:30:22 pm »
Hi all just reading reviews on the ova 8 hi mod seems mixed anybody use one an any thoughts thanks andy

Slash

Re: Ova 8 hi mod
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2020, 07:55:15 pm »
I don't know about the hi mod version but I bought two 25 foot Ova 8s which cost me £700.00 and the clamps lasted about
4 months,major issue with the nuts spinning within the mould which incloses them when tightening.

jk999

« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2020, 08:04:58 pm »
Ive had my ova 8 25 ft two years still going strong you must have got two poles out of a bad batch

windowswashed

« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2020, 09:08:44 pm »
They never tighten the clamps up tight enough with an allen key to begin with. Once tightened they are fine.  Haven't used a Hi mod version.  I use a 40ft and 25 and they are both fine to use. I notice the difference going back to round poles a mile off. Much prefer the shape of these poles any day.  Never needed to adjust the clamps once since using them. 
Phantom poles do my head in, the clamps slip so quickly after little use, I stopped using them. The idea of the red inserts is to save the life of the poles but the clamps start slipping so quickly after constant use, defeats the object of having a pole. Gardiners are the smartest clamps, wish they'd make poles like Ova8 style as Gardiners equipment is decent stuff.

windowswashed

« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2020, 09:18:12 pm »
I bought two extensions for an Ova 8 and noticed the very thin transparent seal under one of the clamps was too thin as when the clamp was tightened right up it was only just holding as there is very little clearance  when the clamp is almost tightened up to the maximum allowance. 
I ran just over one complete turn of thin tape under each clamp on my poles and then retightened them back up again so they didn't have to be tightened up as far which is probably why I haven't had any problems with the clamps as I feel there wasn't sufficient size carbon under the clamps where they sit to clamp up or to put it another way the clamps were just a fraction too large for the poles by the width of one full turn of tape wrapped around the top circumference.

Amazin

« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2020, 09:23:12 pm »
I don't know about the hi mod version but I bought two 25 foot Ova 8s which cost me £700.00 and the clamps lasted about
4 months,major issue with the nuts spinning within the mould which incloses them when tightening.

Ive had my ova 8 25 ft two years still going strong you must have got two poles out of a bad batch

phewww, that's exactly what I just bought. I feel so relieved to see positive reviews on here. They're the best pole available right now.

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2020, 11:03:23 pm »
Not hi mod but we have been using the 25 ft now for eight months the other 4 months - really great poles the guys like them more than Gardiner poles

Will be buying another 2 over the next few months

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2020, 07:55:37 am »

phewww, that's exactly what I just bought. I feel so relieved to see positive reviews on here. They're the best pole available right now.

I'm not sure you can make  this comment just yet as you haven't started wfp window cleaning. Once you've used it for a few months then your comment could carry some credibility.

I have been window cleaning wfp for 15 years. I've only  use Gardiner telescopic carbon fibre poles. I'm not in any position to report that these are better than other manufacturer's poles because I've never used them so can't compare them.

All I can say is that my current SLX22 has lasted me 9 years and due for replacement now.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

KS Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2020, 11:12:38 am »
I use the SLX18 as my everyday pole. Whilst I like the idea of the shape of the ova8 pole, I can’t justify the extra £100 it costs and I don’t think I would get on with the streamline brush.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2020, 12:33:42 pm »
Don’t use a streamline brush then.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2020, 01:39:46 pm »
Don’t use a streamline brush then.
I gave two reasons why I wouldn’t have the Ova 8 pole.

NWH

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2020, 04:39:24 pm »
If a pole makes the working day easier for you for example you much prefer the shape of the sections that’s more than enough to justify 100 quid for me,I’d like to have a go with this pole are they as light as the extreme poles if so is that the high modulus version.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2020, 05:59:43 pm »
 Had the Ova8 equivalent to the SLX18 been around the same price range I might have given one a try, but being the same weight as the SLX, 1 foot shorter working height, having an extra section, coming with a brush that is 70g heavier than what I currently use, and being £100 more expensive,...with all that in mind I think I will stick with my trusty SLX.

NWH

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2020, 06:10:30 pm »
I thought the Ova high modulus is only 10g heavier than the extreme of the same height.