Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tom20001

Custy wants softwash
« on: July 09, 2020, 07:07:38 pm »
Custy has fibre cement slate roof , and wants it softwashed would benz biocide do this or would i need hypo. It wont let me upload photo

tom20001

Re: Custy wants softwash
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2020, 09:06:13 pm »

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2020, 11:22:44 pm »
Ideally you want to scrape off the lumps of moss then either hypo it or bio it either will work provided you use the right mixing ratio , I would be tempted to bio that  but obviously that will cost a lot more than a bit if hypo

tom20001

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 11:27:46 pm »
Ideally you want to scrape off the lumps of moss then either hypo it or bio it either will work provided you use the right mixing ratio , I would be tempted to bio that  but obviously that will cost a lot more than a bit if hypo

Thanks Splash, i was slightly apprehensive of bio but now ill do it . I thought bio might not work great on the fibre cement. What you think 1/30 ratio?  been a nightmare job so far anyway !!!! Your mans well couldnt keep water into my new gx 390 today so i had to draw 1500 litres from his brothers farm along with 500 litres from my own gaf this morn. Farm only a 1km away  from job if even but the hassle of it im worn out ....

Splash & dash

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2020, 10:34:02 pm »

Thanks Splash, i was slightly apprehensive of bio but now ill do it . I thought bio might not work great on the fibre cement. What you think 1/30 ratio?  been a nightmare job so far anyway !!!! Your mans well couldnt keep water into my new gx 390 today so i had to draw 1500 litres from his brothers farm along with 500 litres from my own gaf this morn. Farm only a 1km away  from job if even but the hassle of it im worn out ....

Dilution rate will depend on the product used but most vary from 20- 1 to  50-1 we use algo clear pro normally and I would do it 25-1 to make sure it kills all I work on the principal slightly to strong won’t hurt but too weak won’t work  so it’s a waist of what has already  been applied

tom20001

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2020, 09:29:40 am »

Dilution rate will depend on the product used but most vary from 20- 1 to  50-1 we use algo clear pro normally and I would do it 25-1 to make sure it kills all I work on the principal slightly to strong won’t hurt but too weak won’t work  so it’s a waist of what has already  been applied

I would have used benz version of the biocide in the past but use softwash solutions version now which i think is the very same and advises very same dilution rates as benz.

NWH

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2020, 09:38:31 am »
How much do you charge for a roof that size on average

tom20001

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2020, 10:08:49 am »
How much do you charge for a roof that size on average

I wont get it for this roof as its wrapped up in a big job and a neighbour too but for that one side id want  €250 to clear off heavy clunks and spray. 250x2 if they wanted whole roof done. Ive only really done tiled and natural slates to date to be honest. I always stayed away from fibre cement as assumed detergent wouldn't stay on  surface like tiles and the natural slate which really seem to absorb the stuff when you spray it.

tom20001

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2020, 10:14:18 am »
In terms of price pic is not great, that one side of  roof is 4/5 times longer than pic shows

NWH

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2020, 11:00:05 am »
Yeah I’ve wanted to get into soft washing for a while now as I have quiet a lot of houses  with render fairly new that are close to trees that have already gone green,I thought you could get a fair bit more than that for that kind of work.

tom20001

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2020, 12:38:12 pm »
Yeah I’ve wanted to get into soft washing for a while now as I have quiet a lot of houses  with render fairly new that are close to trees that have already gone green,I thought you could get a fair bit more than that for that kind of work.

When i started initially i got a load of work ,even set up specific website for it and done good bit of marketing thru it. Ive done loads of  softwashing but nearly all the work i got was thru existing customers and word of mouth . I found it very hard to get completely new customers specifically looking for softwashing. The trouble i found was the general public dont understand "softwashing" as a concept and you are really having to educate and sell at the same time and kind of positioning it as a better  alternative to pressure washing in certain instances ie that it kills algae. I let website lapse and just do it now with existing customers as an add on or sometimes when i cant or dont want to pressure wash something i propose it. I believe there is a massive market out there for it but found it hard to sell online and thru adwords. Didnt do massive flyer drop probably could have done more of .that