Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

How much of you're regular work do you expect to have lost for the foreseeable future.

None, I probably will have more.
20.9%
14 (20.9%)
Exactly the same
19.4%
13 (19.4%)
Probably lost about 10%
31.3%
21 (31.3%)
Probably lost about 25%
13.4%
9 (13.4%)
Probably lost about 33%
7.5%
5 (7.5%)
Probably lost about 50%
4.5%
3 (4.5%)
Probably lost about 65%

0 (0%)
Probably lost about 75%
1.5%
1 (1.5%)
Probably lost about 90%

0 (0%)
Dunno, Im outta the game after this debacle.
1.5%
1 (1.5%)

Total Members Voted: 67

dazmond

Re: In three months....
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2020, 05:56:05 pm »
im just never pessimistic ...ever...... these days........im not one for wallowing in the mire and worrying about the future....i used to many years ago in my drinking days for sure......but now im "into action" not "into thinking"......"live in the solution"..."one day at a time"....this stuff has been drilled into me from years of going to AA meetings...... ;D

so what?its a global pandemic........we ll get over it and bounce back one day.....
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2020, 05:57:17 pm »
I’ll be down anywhere between 10% and 50% depending on a few larger jobs.

I’ll have to tighten my belt with outgoings/holidays etc for a few years and hopefully can replace what will be lost, this won’t be easy with a massive recession looming.

Have already picked up an extra £100 per month in domestics in the last couple of weeks so not all doom and gloom I suppose.

The whole thing just feels like a massive kick in the balls for me as I feel my work was nearly exactly where i wanted it to be. We have our health though so there’s plenty worse off than me.

I take it its mainly commercial youve lost ?

Why not concentrate on domestic, you could pick up work now no problem if you start advertising today,

I cant see a recession effecting us too much, if someone doesnt want them cleaning go find another who does. For a solo window cleaner there will never be a shortage of work, theres literally thousands upon thosands of houses out there to go at and new ones going up all the time.

In your case though losing all that commercial it must be gutting

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: April 15, 2020, 06:00:41 pm »
I’ll be down anywhere between 10% and 50% depending on a few larger jobs.

I’ll have to tighten my belt with outgoings/holidays etc for a few years and hopefully can replace what will be lost, this won’t be easy with a massive recession looming.

Have already picked up an extra £100 per month in domestics in the last couple of weeks so not all doom and gloom I suppose.

The whole thing just feels like a massive kick in the balls for me as I feel my work was nearly exactly where i wanted it to be. We have our health though so there’s plenty worse off than me.

concentrate on domestics danny.....im quite sure you ll be fine (being established 12 years or so)and you ll still get the add on cleans to go along with your regular window cleaning......plus you ve got a website....

the lockdown will be lifted soon........it wont go on longer than 3 months thats for sure......
price higher/work harder!

deeege

« Reply #23 on: April 15, 2020, 06:56:18 pm »
Yes I’m concentrating on Domestics, that was my plan for this spring/summer anyway. A big push with 30/40k leaflets. They’ve actually been sat in my utility room since December, ready to go.

I’m also positive about the situation. I had a bit of a wobble before the virus hit fully, even when most on here were saying it will have zero effect on us.

Let’s hope we get through the next week or two then once the numbers start declining the nation as a whole starts to get more positive about the whole outlook. There’s still time to get the kids back in school before summer and get the economy motoring again I firmly believe that.

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Missing Link

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2020, 08:46:13 pm »
There’s still time to get the kids back in school before summer and get the economy motoring again I firmly believe that.

Sorry, Deeege, no way the kids will be going back to school before Autumn (a University lecturer friend has told me he's stood down till Autumn) and as for the economy, I liked the way you said 'motoring'.

That's the thing though, it's not like an engine that can be turned off and then back on again.

It's more like a beating heart.

I hope I'm wrong.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Splash & dash

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2020, 09:33:19 pm »
Yes I’m concentrating on Domestics, that was my plan for this spring/summer anyway. A big push with 30/40k leaflets. They’ve actually been sat in my utility room since December, ready to go.

I’m also positive about the situation. I had a bit of a wobble before the virus hit fully, even when most on here were saying it will have zero effect on us.

Let’s hope we get through the next week or two then once the numbers start declining the nation as a whole starts to get more positive about the whole outlook. There’s still time to get the kids back in school before summer and get the economy motoring again I firmly believe that.

Schools won’t be re opening until September my youngest daughter is a ta and she has been told that in writing from the education authority

deeege

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2020, 10:02:10 pm »
Individual authorities/educational establishments  may have ruled out opening before Autumn but the country as a whole hasn’t. Just because one individual teacher has been told to stand down until September doesn’t mean they’ve got some inside info from Boris. 😂

I’m not saying schools will open, I’m just saying it’s too early to make that call yet.

My wife’s been involved this last week with drawing up different contingencies and options for the next few months for her school which will obviously be dependant on ever changing government guidelines. My neighbour is also a deputy head at a 4k student high school and she’s been involved in similar discussions this week for a school at a neighbouring authority.

The economy comment I agree with, let’s hope the damage is on the lesser scale of predictions is what I meant. That’s the best we can realistically hope for I think.

"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

Splash & dash

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2020, 11:08:49 pm »
Individual authorities/educational establishments  may have ruled out opening before Autumn but the country as a whole hasn’t. Just because one individual teacher has been told to stand down until September doesn’t mean they’ve got some inside info from Boris. 😂

I’m not saying schools will open, I’m just saying it’s too early to make that call yet.

My wife’s been involved this last week with drawing up different contingencies and options for the next few months for her school which will obviously be dependant on ever changing government guidelines. My neighbour is also a deputy head at a 4k student high school and she’s been involved in similar discussions this week for a school at a neighbouring authority.

The economy comment I agree with, let’s hope the damage is on the lesser scale of predictions is what I meant. That’s the best we can realistically hope for I think.

I don’t  think you will have some schools open and some shut it will be either one or the other .

lee_dewing

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2020, 11:33:36 pm »
I did think schools wouldn’t return till September

But now reading all sorts on the internet saying June 🤔

Its unprecedented times
We maybe out of lockdown soon

But back in again if the virus 🦠 peaks again and nhs can’t cope

The Government I think will have to get an exit plan moving

I think COBRA 🐍 are meeting this evening or tomorrow

It’s a no win situation for the government

The media are waiting like vultures
For any mistake 🤦‍♂️
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2020, 11:40:25 pm »
i can see the schools reopening before summer. as above, at first i thought they'd be closed until next year, but now they are talking about a staged return to 'normal'.  schools are seen as low risk for the virus spread. also the Gov't want people back working again

1. the Gov't have control of schools so they can actively open them themselves (unlike other businesses or universities)

2. people rely on schools for childcare so cant go back to work unless schools open

i can see it happening. it might not, but all going well with the virus infection rates etc i think they will
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

lee_dewing

« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2020, 12:09:20 am »
[/ people rely on schools for childcare so cant go back to work unless schools open quote]

Exactly Richard, spot on
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Missing Link

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2020, 12:15:27 am »

The Government I think will have to get an exit plan moving

Other countries are further along than us and are starting to unlock, or on the cusp of it.

I don't think we'll get much from government till the scientists watch how other countries get on.

But you can find various unlock stategies in the news; they all involve testing heavily.  This will take time to sort out.

I reckon we've another three weeks of lockdown; flattening the curve downards, giving government time to sort out mass testing.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

deeege

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2020, 06:57:07 am »

I don’t  think you will have some schools open and some shut it will be either one or the other .

Why not? That’s exactly what we’ve got in our local area at the moment. Some schools completely closed and some schools open for key workers kids but also accepting children from the closed schools also to help keep the key workers in work.

There’s going to be a lot more options available to government and local authorities than a blanket opening / closing of schools.

More so, staggered opening within schools is also being looked at, so opening key stage 2 first whilst keeping Key stage 1 kids at home and various other versions of this.

It’s far more complicated than just saying schools are opening on Monday.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2020, 07:23:05 am »
Most of our regular work is annual. We’re just bumping it along a couple of months.
Is that domestics once per year?

KS Cleaning

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2020, 07:36:08 am »

Why not? That’s exactly what we’ve got in our local area at the moment. Some schools completely closed and some schools open for key workers kids but also accepting children from the closed schools also to help keep the key workers in work.

There’s going to be a lot more options available to government and local authorities than a blanket opening / closing of schools.

More so, staggered opening within schools is also being looked at, so opening key stage 2 first whilst keeping Key stage 1 kids at home and various other versions of this.

It’s far more complicated than just saying schools are opening on Monday.
The schools that are open at the moment aren’t teaching the carriculum tho. They are merely open as hubs for the children that you mentioned. When they do decide to open schools, if it is to be staggered, it will have to be done by year groups.