Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

‘Cleaning companies’ doing your customers
« on: April 02, 2020, 01:21:02 pm »
(Couldn’t think of a better title :-\ )

What do window cleaner think of companies like me who are ‘exterior cleaning companies’ cleaning the facia/soffits & gutters of their customers (and conservatories )

Are we taking work off you? Do you feel a bit miffed that they got someone else to do something you could have done?

I do a lot of this work and I often think why didn’t They get their window cleaner to do them especially as we are quite expensive so it would be cheaper for the window cleaner to do them  while they are there
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Richard iSparkle

Re: ‘Cleaning companies’ doing your customers
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2020, 01:25:30 pm »
i only get miffed as i see it as a missed opportunity by me. if I am marketing properly i'd hope at least they came to us for a quote. but i wouldn't hold that against another company, i would just be frustrated wth myself for missing an easy sale
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2020, 01:30:45 pm »
It doesn't bother me. I only market myself as a window cleaner. I do a handful of conny cleans but as mentioned just now possibly a missed opportunity. It will be interesting to see how the next 6-12 months pan out. It maybe that some of us will need to diversify perhaps to fill holes in our rounds, who knows.....

TomCrowther

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2020, 02:00:09 pm »
We all miss opportunities I guess. I think a lot of window cleaning customers see there window cleaner as just that. Depends how you market your service I think.

mufcglen

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2020, 02:03:38 pm »
I deliberately dodge facia soffits gutters and con roof cleans etc, too much like hard work to me and what I charge doing those I can make similar up in window cleaning and not have to work as hard!
All they do is set me back on my round taking me off the glass

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2020, 02:07:08 pm »
I think the majority of the time the “regular” window cleaner does not/can’t do the work - we clean many houses where a local guy does the windows but he’s trad and won’t touch s/f/g or conny roof work, if fact he usually recommends us.

At the end of the day mike it’s business sometimes he cleaner doesn’t want the work, sometimes the customer may not think the cleaner is capable of the work, sometimes the price is too high for the work

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2020, 02:14:33 pm »
I welcome it , I can’t stick doing any of that kind of stuff
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

david mark

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2020, 02:22:13 pm »
I hate con roof cleaning

NWH

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2020, 02:33:28 pm »
Most people I’ve known that do this when they are there ask if they can also have the windows on a regular basis,in a couple of cases even when they’ve been given roof and gutter jobs from the existing window cleaner.

Stoots

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2020, 02:42:20 pm »
No, I think thank god they didn't ask me so I can avoid crippling myself.

I try to avoid add ons although sometimes I feel obliged to do them and regret it.

NWH

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2020, 03:00:00 pm »
Depends what kind of a property it is in a lot of cases it’s worth more for the windows every 6-8 weeks year in year out than it is doing these 1 off cleans,easier as well.

Splash & dash

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2020, 03:11:28 pm »
We already offer a complete exterior cleaning service so already have it covered we have several hundred customers on annual maintenance cleans with things like gfs , gutter vaccing, pressure washing, softwashing  etc spread out throughout the year , we have been doing this for over 15 years now minimal customers are needed they don’t  have to find anyone else back payments already set up , I think it’s the way ahead  , so if you knocked on my customers doors you wouldn’t get a lot 😂😂😂

Missing Link

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2020, 03:14:32 pm »
I do a lot of this work and I often think why didn’t They get their window cleaner to do them especially as we are quite expensive so it would be cheaper for the window cleaner to do them  while they are there

I've done work for other window cleaners who won't carry ladders that required ladders.  Even for Squeaky's customers (he used to post here and the older members will remember him).

It's not really a problem to them or me.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2020, 03:36:07 pm »
Crack on  the more you charge the better.
Makes them realise they get a good deal with there regular window cleaner.
Spit and polish

Soupy

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2020, 03:49:02 pm »
(Couldn’t think of a better title :-\ )

What do window cleaner think of companies like me who are ‘exterior cleaning companies’ cleaning the facia/soffits & gutters of their customers (and conservatories )

Are we taking work off you? Do you feel a bit miffed that they got someone else to do something you could have done?

Got a license?

Mr.G

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2020, 04:43:28 pm »
I'm happy if someone else does the gutters and fascis, I don't like doing them, I always seem to have an achey neck the next day

Mike Halliday

« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2020, 06:00:37 pm »
.I’ve had a few chats with window cleaners over the years, we clean the windows when we do fascia/soffits (we tend to splash them) and use  a WFP so I often worry they will see us and think we are poaching work so I make a point of explaining  it’s a one off clean
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2020, 09:16:51 pm »
you sensitive soul you........  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

mjm

« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2020, 09:39:03 pm »
.I’ve had a few chats with window cleaners over the years, we clean the windows when we do fascia/soffits (we tend to splash them) and use  a WFP so I often worry they will see us and think we are poaching work so I make a point of explaining  it’s a one off clean
[/quote

Nice Mike       that's exactly    what I would say
I have just upgraded all my carpet cleaning gear as my customers were getting other people in to do the carpets and my machine was old and broken it was very difficult going into houses following the  carpet cleaner following me around staring at me  bit awkward really

so if I go to a house now I always ask do you have a window cleaner I explain about water cascading about so I sometimes clean the windows for free
  I never ask to take on the window cleaning if they have one if they say can you put me on your round then fine
Not sure if this makes sense   I have read what I have written twice   and I dobt even drink 🙄
What terrible times we are in

Keep healthy

Regards

Michael

Pete Thompson

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2020, 01:10:54 am »
I hate doing that sort of work. Yes it’s profitable, (but not as profitable as windows) but waaaaay harder work than window cleaning.

Crack on as far as I’m concerned.