Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lozsing

Well I thought I ws doing the right thing
« on: March 25, 2020, 03:53:24 pm »
Well I thought I ws doing the right thing but know am not so sure, not worked for 2 days , taking the dog out I see all tradesmen working as normal , am thinking who's the fool me or them.

andyM

Re: Well I thought I ws doing the right thing
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2020, 03:59:45 pm »
The self employed can continue to work if their work absolutely CANNOT be done from home and the government safety guidelines (social distancing etc.) are adhered to.
One of the Plebs

G Griffin

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2020, 04:07:20 pm »
It doesn't have to be right or wrong.
It might be tomorrow.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

andyM

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2020, 04:26:57 pm »
The self employed can continue to work if their work absolutely CANNOT be done from home and the government safety guidelines (social distancing etc.) are adhered to.

I've been explaining that for a couple of days now.

Nice to see the curve of hysteria seems to be flattening.

It's disappointing to see people who work in the same industry turning on each other.
Every one can make their own decision to work or not, while we are allowed.
Seems some are cracking  under the pressure already.

One of the Plebs

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2020, 04:32:52 pm »
Well I thought I ws doing the right thing but know am not so sure, not worked for 2 days , taking the dog out I see all tradesmen working as normal , am thinking who's the fool me or them.
You have done the right thing. The people still working are doing it either out of necessity or greed. A definitive line needs to be drawn and from what I hear news on the help for the self employed comes tomorrow. Depending on that and whether there are any further restrictive measures should finally end the dilemma for us all.

G Griffin

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2020, 04:42:24 pm »
You have done the right thing. The people still working are doing it either out of necessity or greed. A definitive line needs to be drawn and from what I hear news on the help for the self employed comes tomorrow. Depending on that and whether there are any further restrictive measures should finally end the dilemma for us all.
Well said, Biggy, but it won't be definitive. It can't be.
Things will tighten up not loosen, imo. We're only at the start of this.
Government have just been buying themselves a bit of time, I think.
I'd like nothing better than the govt. to cancel the virus and we all return to normality. 
But they won't.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

windowswashed

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2020, 04:56:43 pm »
I have picked up work and charge better prices than previous window cleaners who turned up in terrible weather regardless. Customers have gone with us for that very reason as they have told me so when they decided to cancel previous cleaner. From late September last year until recently the weather has been atrocious and I've work when reasonable to do so. I live within my means and have tried to put aside when possible but not always possible recently.

Working in these challenging times with corona virus I decided it is not in my best interest to work at the moment for moral reasons despite financial hardship. People are bored stuck at home even if they are getting eighty percent of their wages secured. They are taking a very strong dislike to shops opening, tradespeople working and spreading the word on social media, wether right or wrong to work it's the public we rely on and is not a good idea to give yourself a bad name so very quickly from resentful public. They won't forget and when everything returns to fairly normal those people will have it in for those who ignored the plea to stay home.
Most of our customers will stay with us and support us if we don't abuse the governments plea.
I wish everyone who doesn't need to work wouldn't so we can get this virus out of the way and save lives more than anything. Hope this government help the self employed as soon as possible.

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2020, 05:06:59 pm »

i hope theres no help/benefits for windows cleaners that work alone and are healthy....we dont need it!WE CAN WORK SAFELY!!

its the self employed interior designers, hairdressers,taxi drivers,etc that really need the help not us!the government are seriously stretched as it is....we and the gardeners should be out working and helping keep the economy going in our small,little way.....not adding to their already massive financial burden!!
That's what I meant by a definitive line.  Once drawn, the general public and customers can hold no prejudice against any self employed trade given the thumbs up to continue without risk. I don't think that is going to happen though, tighter restrictions and full lock down with possible military envolvement is on its way.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2020, 05:16:49 pm »
I have to say I was a little apprehensive this morning about going to work and what reaction I would receive from my customers. That appprehension didn’t last long as it quickly became obvious customers were glad to see me. I didn’t have one complaint about cleaning windows. The one down side was that I was over an hour down on todays particular route due to chinwagging🗣🗣

G Griffin

« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2020, 05:27:23 pm »
I have to say I was a little apprehensive this morning about going to work and what reaction I would receive from my customers. That appprehension didn’t last long as it quickly became obvious customers were glad to see me. I didn’t have one complaint about cleaning windows. The one down side was that I was over an hour down on todays particular route due to chinwagging🗣🗣
I don't blame you one little bit, KS.
I think things are going to change though. If it's a green light for window cleaners, that'd be great, as long as the schools open properly.
They won't.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2020, 05:28:38 pm »
Rishi Sunak is having a conference regards to the package for self employed tomorrow- just in from Boris

dd

« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2020, 05:31:14 pm »
I have worked the last 2 days with much apprehension but all my customers have been fine, understanding and well disposed.

The odd bit of news I glean listening to radio at lunchtime the last 2 days says that the government wants people like us to go to work as long as it can be done safely. This is of obvious benefit to the economy and tax coffers.

p1w1

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2020, 05:32:30 pm »
I have worked the last 2 days with much apprehension but all my customers have been fine, understanding and well disposed.

The odd bit of news I glean listening to radio at lunchtime the last 2 days says that the government wants people like us to go to work as long as it can be done safely. This is of obvious benefit to the economy and tax coffers.
Hi Dave, hope your well, Is that around Saffron Walden? I've not bothered this week and see what happens regarding full lock downs.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2020, 05:50:09 pm »
I have removed the more inflammatory posts and their responses. This is not a time for sniping and crass behaviour. If certain posters don't stop, they will be banned.
It's a game of three halves!