Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WGB

Whats it worth
« on: January 15, 2020, 02:30:18 pm »
Hi all, local window cleaner just recently passed away and his dad is now selling his van and system. The van is 07 transit with abot 100k on it and in really good nick with water outlets on either side, the system is a ionic pro 7 hot water system, there is 2 ionic 45/50 poles there too and a couple of smaller ones too, guessing it could be around 10 years old,. I have been asked would i be interested, so just wondering wh as t sort of money would all be worth. TIA

RPCCS

Re: Whats it worth
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2020, 08:29:14 am »
The van itself about 1000 top, the system being Ionic  is worth  a bit plus the poles, with it being about 10 years old though, I don’t know, maybe 800-1000. If you are interested maybe try a starting offer of £1500 see if he bites. . At the end of the day it’s like anything you want to sell, a car, a van a property, it’s only worth what someone is prepared to pay.  So the ball, is in your court, how much are you willing to offer?
Cheers Rich

NWH

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2020, 12:52:29 pm »
It’s got to be worth more than that if you can go straight out and earn with it.

Spruce

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2020, 01:15:38 pm »
It’s got to be worth more than that if you can go straight out and earn with it.

I'm inclined to agree.

There is a dealer in Bristol with a T280 with 128k asking £2490 no VAT for one.  So this one has to around similar with lower mileage.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2007-Ford-Transit-2-2-TDCi-Duratorq-280-S-Low-Roof-Panel-Van-Duratorq-5dr-SWB/254479296773?hash=item3b4025e905:g:PDoAAOSw0LleHp7O

No matter how good it looks rust is a problem.

Difficult to say how much the system is worth. If the diesel heater is working and in good nick you could probably say the system including the tank is worth a grand, but its what someone is willing to pay.  Someone who wants to get started could well choose to pay more and find out later that they also need an r/o.

Second hand poles are not worth buying imho but people do buy them. Discount them when deciding what to offer.

There is nothing stopping you asking what they hope to get. If they are thinking of 10 grand for example then you are wasting time talking about it.
I seem to remember that Ionics wanted £2500 for a refurbished 500 liter tank. I don't know how they would value the hot water system - another £2000? Then add VAT.

You need to know how big the tank is and what model Transit it is. For example a T260 isn't an ideal window cleaning van as it has a payload of around 990 kgs depending on model and engine. If Ionics fitted the system then I'm pretty sure they wouldn't fit a tank that was too heavy when full for the van.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

NWH

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2020, 01:30:42 pm »
I would just ask when the burner was replaced on the heater if the vans fine,if it’s within 1-3 years it’s worth buying it.
Things that go are the fuel pump although they last years the water pumps from a jag I think on the heater they last years,not a lot else to wrong tbh.
Even if it’s not been serviced you’ll be able to do these things for a reasonable amount just make sure the vans good for a few miles though.

NWH

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2020, 01:31:19 pm »
I would just ask when the burner was replaced on the heater if the vans fine,if it’s within 1-3 years it’s worth buying it.
Things that go are the fuel pump although they last years the water pumps from a jag I think on the heater they last years,not a lot else to wrong tbh.
Even if it’s not been serviced you’ll be able to do these things for a reasonable amount just make sure the vans good for a few miles though.

james peters

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2020, 05:47:28 pm »
you can say that again  ;D ;D ;D

NWH

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2020, 05:50:32 pm »
Lol poxy phone and it’s the 11 max pro,makes no difference if you’ve got a bad signal though.