Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dd

Re: Diesel Ban?
« Reply #60 on: November 10, 2019, 12:12:20 pm »
Was talking about electric vans today with a friend.

He claims that the new all electric Nissan has a payload of 700kg,  and a range of 130 miles...

He said that the hybrid transit will be here soon.

Anyone in the know about what is happening in the the hybrid / electric van market?

I had a little nose around different reviews and at the moment the Nissan NV200 seems the only real option for a window cleaner at the moment. And even that is right on the edge of being "worth it" unless you are regularly in a congestion charge area.

It has a 705KG payload so a single operator with a 400L tank would be about the limit and it costs in the mid-twenty thousands depending on the model and charger. What concerns me is the fact that if i sell it at say 5 years then the battery warranty is down to three years for the new buyer so what will depreciation be like?

If I keep it and decide to run it for ten, twelve, fifteen years then how much will a replacement battery set cost me?

On the other hand I'm told running/maintenance costs are cheap per mile but it's not really a long distance vehicle when you have to recharge every 100 miles or so.

For me I think my Hyundai diesel will "see me out" but I think electric vans will reduce in price and/or gain more subsidy, range and scale of economy. Ask me again in two years.

A windie on one of the forums booked an NV200 for an extended test drive. He returned it shortly afterward as it was useless for window cleaning. He stated that the battery packs are all secured under the floor of the van and it would not be possible to secure a tank frame through the floor because of this design.
Just something to think about.

https://www.drivingelectric.com/nissan/e-nv200/386/nissan-e-nv200-van-range-battery-charging

The Nissan e-NV200 has benefited from Nissan’s battery development, and uses the same 40kWh battery pack as the latest Nissan Leaf. This has been slotted under the e-NV200’s load area, and as it takes up the same amount of space as the smaller battery, the van’s load volume and payload haven’t been affected.
Some would be prepared to ratchet strap a 400l tank.

windowswashed

« Reply #61 on: November 10, 2019, 12:23:28 pm »
When a lot of people go electric there's going to be a lot of dumb ass drivers crawling along slower than grandma & grandpa on a Sunday leisurely drive during the week including rush hour commute driving economically to conserve battery life hogging all the traffic up in rural areas with shame and a lot of frustrated drivers in a rush to overtake them causing more accidents....wait an see.
It's like that here in rural areas when the holiday makers come and visit, spot the tourist taking up all the road and causing tailbacks and accidents every year.

dazmond

« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2019, 09:02:09 am »
we ve got at least another 20 years of buying/leasing diesel vans/cars before they are predicted to stop manufacturing them altogether,then theyll be another 10 years of second hand diesels on the road(if not longer).....so in 30 years time ill be 78 and be one of the annoying  slow drivers conserving battery power in my little electric vehicle.... ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

Dry Clean

« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2019, 09:16:19 am »
we ve got at least another 20 years of buying/leasing diesel vans/cars before they are predicted to stop manufacturing them altogether,then theyll be another 10 years of second hand diesels on the road(if not longer).....so in 30 years time ill be 78 and be one of the annoying  slow drivers conserving battery power in my little electric vehicle.... ;D ;D ;D

Diesel vans could go a lot quicker but there will certainly by petrol vans around for many years to come.

Dave Willis

« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2019, 09:29:16 am »
Diesel might be around for a while but we will be restricted where they are driven. Government could make a lot of money on fees.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2019, 05:12:26 pm »

https://images.app.goo.gl/f8JxQon2EibxjniT6
It's a game of three halves!