Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bungle

Hose on Reel Keeps Looping
« on: July 16, 2019, 10:55:20 pm »
Really getting  ped off now. I bought a Grippa reel and Purefreedom minibore to go on the reel. The reel is easy to use but it keeps turning when I stop walking the hose out. This then causes the hose to loop all over the shop. When I get back to the van I have to pull loads of hose off the reel to get to the end of the loop and then reel it all back in.  I'm thinking that the hose might be too slippery on the outside and it's not gripping onto itself. I had a clover reel with Purefreedom hose before with no looping issues. I also think the Grippa reel needs some sort of brake on it to slow it down when reeling out.

Anyone else have issues like this?
We look at them, they look through them.

Re: Hose on Reel Keeps Looping
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2019, 11:38:55 pm »
You need more friction on the reel so it doesn't keep spinning when you stop pulling hose off. I don't know what your reel looks like but on mine I zip tied some foam pipe insulation to the frame that rubs slightly against the outer of the reel. Not so much that it makes it hard to reel /unreel but certainly stopped the issue that you've described happening to me.

Oliver @ GrippaTank

Re: Hose on Reel Keeps Looping
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2019, 05:16:51 am »
Really getting  ped off now. I bought a Grippa reel and Purefreedom minibore to go on the reel. The reel is easy to use but it keeps turning when I stop walking the hose out. This then causes the hose to loop all over the shop. When I get back to the van I have to pull loads of hose off the reel to get to the end of the loop and then reel it all back in.  I'm thinking that the hose might be too slippery on the outside and it's not gripping onto itself. I had a clover reel with Purefreedom hose before with no looping issues. I also think the Grippa reel needs some sort of brake on it to slow it down when reeling out.

Anyone else have issues like this?

Good morning,

There is a solution for this - please contact the office on 01223 790049 who will assist you with this.

All hand cranked reels from August 2019 will come with a friction brake to adjust the tension and stop the hose  bird nesting.

Please contact the office who can help you further with fitting this part to your existing reel :)
www.grippatank.co.uk - The home of the GrippaMAX crash tested cleaning system. Contact us on 0800 098 8407 or enquiries@grippatank.co.uk