Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Any use to anybody ?
« on: July 13, 2019, 10:59:46 pm »
On sale in Homebase for 35p , just right for microbore

I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Pete Thompson

Re: Any use to anybody ?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2019, 10:51:51 pm »
I've used identical ones to these, there is also a water-stop version (so that when the connector is disconnected, the water stops)

My verdict: Cheap, but rubbish. They are quite difficult to disconnect, they are not very robust. It doesn't take long before the 'spring' that pushes the collar forward no-longer works.

Now I use Claber 3/8-inch autostop fittings for microbore, it is also the perfect size.  They are the best I've found, well made and don't break easily.  I find that they will last a good 6 months before needing to be replaced (which IMO is good considering they get dragged along the ground every time I reel my hose in)

These ones:

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 08:32:22 am »
I've used identical ones to these, there is also a water-stop version (so that when the connector is disconnected, the water stops)

My verdict: Cheap, but rubbish. They are quite difficult to disconnect, they are not very robust. It doesn't take long before the 'spring' that pushes the collar forward no-longer works.

Now I use Claber 3/8-inch autostop fittings for microbore, it is also the perfect size.  They are the best I've found, well made and don't break easily.  I find that they will last a good 6 months before needing to be replaced (which IMO is good considering they get dragged along the ground every time I reel my hose in)

These ones:

do you really use these for connecting your microbore to your pole hose?

these are far too bulky IMO......ever thought of changing your connectors for rectus 21 or 26?
price higher/work harder!

Slash

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2019, 12:57:15 pm »
Slick Connect all the way.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2019, 10:07:05 am »
do you really use these for connecting your microbore to your pole hose?

these are far too bulky IMO......ever thought of changing your connectors for rectus 21 or 26?

Yes.  These on the end of the microbore, then an anti-snag connector on the pole hose.

Too bulky?  I don't find 'bulkiness' a problem.  I did try rectus fittings a year or so ago, but I hated them.  Maybe I should be more open-minded and give them another go.