Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Knight

Long poles
« on: July 15, 2019, 12:15:40 pm »
I'm after opinions on the best long.pole out there.

I've just picked up a monthly contract higher than my 47ft pole and not wanting to spend a fortune for one job each month I ordered a Supermax 63 which has a 68ft working height. Though not by any means a top end pole it still cost just less than a grand so is no small investment.  At full stretch it's just useable, though your zctions have to be slow and deliberate, though it's not a pleasure to clean with; move down a floor and things start to improve a lot.

However, as high work seems to come my way more it makes sense to invest a lot in a rigid, lighter, hopefully slimmer pole so what are folk using and are they happy with their pole of choice?

Many thanks in advance.

Martin Lane

Re: Long poles
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 02:31:25 pm »
Gardiner Ultimate, great poles but you need a lot of work for them as the 63 ft comes in just sort of £3000

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2019, 04:15:46 pm »
We have the Gardiner’s ultimate on our vans with the extended sections to go 74 feet it’s a very nice pole  but is heavy much better than an extream at that height

Lee Knight

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2019, 06:00:22 pm »
Thanks lads; I'll take a look at that pole 😊😊

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2019, 07:45:49 pm »
Why not just add extensions to your 47? I've got two extensions for mine taking it to 60ft.
It's a game of three halves!

Spruce

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2019, 09:22:04 am »
Any pole at the height you are talking about won't be easy to use and cleaning will be slow.

That's already twice the height of my SLX40 and on a long run of windows we do each year at full stretch we swap over operators after every 5 or 6 windows.
Gusts of wind must also be a negative.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2019, 12:29:01 pm »
I'm after opinions on the best long.pole out there.

I've just picked up a monthly contract higher than my 47ft pole and not wanting to spend a fortune for one job each month I ordered a Supermax 63 which has a 68ft working height. Though not by any means a top end pole it still cost just less than a grand so is no small investment.  At full stretch it's just useable, though your zctions have to be slow and deliberate, though it's not a pleasure to clean with; move down a floor and things start to improve a lot.

However, as high work seems to come my way more it makes sense to invest a lot in a rigid, lighter, hopefully slimmer pole so what are folk using and are they happy with their pole of choice?

Many thanks in advance.
ahahahah same as use we have a supermax 45 3k thats been used 3 times and is now sitting in the shed doing nothing utter poop  nobody will use it

Rogue Trader

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2019, 01:48:55 pm »
do u wanna sell it?

matt 07988 153247

Slash

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2019, 08:28:35 pm »
Hi Matt,
I have a SuperMax 50,about 3 years old but not used for the last six months,not alot of use  and in good contidion with carbon gooseneck .
£400.00