Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

vivaro 013

fitting a baffled tank in vivaro van
« on: June 29, 2006, 07:06:32 pm »
im fitting a 400 ltrs  upright baffled tank into my vauxhall vivaro van which im buying from gardiners , the tank does not come with fixing brackets so i can secure tank in my van , does anybody know were can purchase brackets.
were is the best possible position for tank to be placed in van ,
how the best way to connect pump for electrics via seperate battery or directly into van electric
any help would be appericated

master cleaner

Re: fitting a baffled tank in vivaro van
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2006, 10:03:34 pm »

£105 incl vat and delivery from omnipole

gary

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 07:41:59 am »
im fitting a 400 ltrs  upright baffled tank into my vauxhall vivaro van which im buying from gardiners , the tank does not come with fixing brackets so i can secure tank in my van , does anybody know were can purchase brackets.
were is the best possible position for tank to be placed in van ,
how the best way to connect pump for electrics via seperate battery or directly into van electric
any help would be appericated

Please don't take this the wrong way but, from the type of questions you are asking, I believe you need to have this fitted by a company that knows what they are doing.  I'm not being critical of your ability.  I'm just thinking of your safety.  It's easy to make mistakes with WFP but not many of those mistakes have the potential to kill you.  Fitting a van mount wrongly could.

vivaro 013

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 02:44:57 pm »
i intend to have a fitted by a vechile repair company , just looking for ideas how it been done

master cleaner

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 06:21:48 pm »
hi tolwood the tank above was fitted for £120 ,at a local garage with my van citreon despatch they had to remove the deisel tank to fit it properly hopefully that wont be the case for you

gary

vivaro 013

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 11:10:16 pm »
im still looking for info on were the best place to positions tank in the back of vivaro van and what electrics are needed to control 60 psi pump
im looking at fitting a battery which would be connected to van electric  , battery them would be charged from van electric
can anybody see any problems with that

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2006, 09:25:09 am »
im still looking for info on were the best place to positions tank in the back of vivaro van and what electrics are needed to control 60 psi pump
im looking at fitting a battery which would be connected to van electric  , battery them would be charged from van electric
can anybody see any problems with that

I have a Trafic which is the same body shell as the Vivaro.  My tank 800 litre tank is fitted just behind the bulkhead  N.B.  I only have an 800 tank because I have the version with the 2.9 ton payload rather than the 2.7.
No problem with fitting a leisure battery to be charged from the van electrics so long as it's done via split charge relay.  Otherwise, there is a risk of your leisure battery sucking the charge from your van battery.  I can't get any more technical than that as I paid a company to do all that for me.

vivaro 013

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2006, 01:38:57 pm »
thanks for help
i also have vivaro 2900 lwb , which  i can position tank behind bulk head only problem i see is the use of side door , i understand by your reply that you run your battery directly into van electric so that battery is kept charged , is there any other electric controls from tank to pump and how is your tank secured to floor

Paul Coleman

« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2006, 03:49:51 pm »
thanks for help
i also have vivaro 2900 lwb , which  i can position tank behind bulk head only problem i see is the use of side door , i understand by your reply that you run your battery directly into van electric so that battery is kept charged , is there any other electric controls from tank to pump and how is your tank secured to floor
You're quite right about the side door issue.  I have a few small bits (minipole, detergent bottle, bits and bobs) between the tank and bulkhead as there is a small gap there.  However, I have no problem accessing my other equipment via the back doors.  My understanding of the electrics is that the split charge relay allows the leisure battery to draw charge from the van battery only when the van is running.  This prevents you getting stranded with a flat battery.  When the system is running, the leisure battery uses charge and gradually runs down.  I have never had a problem with the leisure battery running too low**  during the day though, if doing lots of very short hops, it may be worthwhile running the engine awhile to help charge it.
**  I have run it down but not because of the reasons above.  With such a system, if you don't let the glowplug light go out before turning the engine, it is possible to pop the fuse near the van battery.  This causes the leisure battery NOT to top up its charge from the van battery even when the engine is running.  So be aware of this.

The tank appears to be held by two metal straps (or similar) which I believe go around the chassis.  I'm not sure but it's an Omnipole system so however they do it is the way it's been done.