Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: How would you have handled this?
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2019, 08:46:09 am »
last time i had a call back was around 3 years ago.....one upper window......it has a top dodgy rubber seal which i usually avoid when rinsing,i must have caught it with some water this time resulting in spotting lines down the window,it looked awful!even from the ground.......
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2019, 09:59:33 am »
I would say 99% of the time it’s been dirty insides to the customers embarrassment  ;D

Also had the watering hanging basket issue - their argument was “well you just use water  - don’t you” - gahhhh   ::)roll
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

AuRavelling79

« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2019, 04:59:22 pm »
Reply came back - with another kiss!  :-*

Hi sorry Malcome (does no one know how to spell Malcolm?  ;D) for not replying sooner - all good thanks x
It's a game of three halves!

Jonny 87

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2019, 07:39:04 pm »

Hi sorry Malcome (does no one know how to spell Malcolm?  ;D) for not replying sooner - all good thanks x

Let me translate.........

Hi sorry Malcolm, the windows looked the same! Terrible! Then I went upstairs in disbelief, rubbed the inside window and realised it was me all along who left it steaky with my stupid Karcher vac thingamy Bob.

But to save embarrassment I will pretend that you fixed your error.

Thanks again.

;D
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

AuRavelling79

« Reply #24 on: May 24, 2019, 08:02:16 pm »

Let me translate.........

Hi sorry Malcolm, the windows looked the same! Terrible! Then I went upstairs in disbelief, rubbed the inside window and realised it was me all along who left it steaky with my stupid Karcher vac thingamy Bob.

But to save embarrassment I will pretend that you fixed your error.

Thanks again.

;D

Quite possibly.  ;D ;D ;D
It's a game of three halves!

Stoots

« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2019, 09:03:31 am »
Either call back or if its really out of the way i would apologise and offer to do the next one free (which before anyone says dont do free cleans is exactly what you going back to re-clean is anyway)

Shrek

« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2019, 09:13:53 am »
Either call back or if its really out of the way i would apologise and offer to do the next one free (which before anyone says dont do free cleans is exactly what you going back to re-clean is anyway)

Although it sounds like a good idea ( cleaning next one for free) , I don’t think it would sit well with the customer. They’ve just paid £17 and their windows will be p!ssing them off every time they look out for the next month.... which could result in a cancellation imo

« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2019, 01:35:50 pm »
I'm calling back to one I did for the first time yesterday ( daughter of  long standing customer ). Problem was it was so hard to see whether the first floor was clean enough due to stickers and grubby hand prints in her kids room on the inside.  :D Needless to say I shall be arranging a time she is home next week so I can assess for myself. Happens rarely but its all part of the job.

#should have invested in a 5k hot water system doh  :'(

Stoots

« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2019, 02:21:55 pm »

Although it sounds like a good idea ( cleaning next one for free) , I don’t think it would sit well with the customer. They’ve just paid £17 and their windows will be p!ssing them off every time they look out for the next month.... which could result in a cancellation imo

Possibly.

But it depends how far out of your way that job is.

It could be a 2 hour round trip for my furthest work I'm not doing that for a £12 job lol I'd rather risk it

Shrek

« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2019, 03:46:18 pm »

Possibly.

But it depends how far out of your way that job is.

It could be a 2 hour round trip for my furthest work I'm not doing that for a £12 job lol I'd rather risk it

Lol fair enough , iv built my round so everything is 5 minutes away from my house

jk999

« Reply #30 on: May 25, 2019, 04:17:12 pm »
I would rather go straight back while the window are more or less clean if you go back next time you will have to spend more time on the clean

Missing Link

« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2019, 08:12:07 pm »
I once had a call back to a fairly new customer (did once before); it was a large bungalow with Georgian windows in an expensive area.

The customer wasn't in when I went back so I took a look around at the job and it looked fine to me.  Maybe the odd spot here and there, but it was old wooden-framed Georgian windows.

I assumed the customer was going to be a constant pain in the arse, wanting perfection when I'm not prepared to deliver it (for what I was charging her), so I wrote a note explaining that her windows looked fine to me and pushed that and the cash (she paid by bank transfer) through her letter box.

Job jobbed as far as I was concerned.
Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Johnny B

« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2019, 09:29:54 pm »
I had a message over the weekend from an occasional customer on a compact estate that I do that's 25 miles away. I usually just do the front windows for her. She works in the town where I live, and paid me in advance a week or so before I went to her area, which I did last Tuesday.

In a more increasing in frequency senior moment I had forgotten that she had paid me to clean all her windows, and she very tactfully messaged me to ask if I had done the backs?

Mortified, I replied that I had genuinely forgotten that she had wanted them done as well, and offered to go back on Sunday to do them for her.

Very graciously, she told me not to worry and next time I am there will be fine.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Soupy

« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2019, 04:48:40 am »
Almost certainly this is the EU's fault.

Stoots

« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2019, 06:33:52 am »
I would rather go straight back while the window are more or less clean if you go back next time you will have to spend more time on the clean

Did you think that one through lol ?

That might be the daftest thing I've read on here  :D