Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Small but perfectley formed

Four seasons care homes
« on: April 30, 2019, 07:18:48 pm »
Anyone owed money ??? ???
Spit and polish

Dave Willis

Re: Four seasons care homes
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 11:40:22 am »
Yes, I ordered a plate of cheese sandwiches a week ago and they still haven’t brought them up to my room. I’m starving!

Spruce

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2019, 06:34:41 pm »

how much are you owed?.......doesnt look like your gonna get paid by the looks of it...... :(
price higher/work harder!

Spruce

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2019, 07:17:47 pm »

how much are you owed?.......doesnt look like your gonna get paid by the looks of it...... :(

There were warning shots fired about 2/3 years ago when our local  4 Seasons (500 yds away) closed it doors due to financial problems and the council had to arrange Patient accommodation with various other care homes through out our area.

They rose from the ashes but still seem to be on rocky ground.

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2019, 06:48:32 am »
Don't owe me
The Care home  sector is struggling especiallythe large operators,  loaded with debt.
Spit and polish

zesty

« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2019, 07:38:57 am »
Don't owe me
The Care home  sector is struggling especiallythe large operators,  loaded with debt.

That’s problem, everything is loaded with debt, my prediction is another financial crash sooner than we think!

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2019, 08:09:25 am »
Don't owe me

Good they don't owe you.  I wouldn't be looking for work in that sector now tbh.

My own mother was in one of the smaller local care homes. She was reasonably comfortable but we did a lot of caring for her ourselves. I had numerous run ins with the family owners about poor staffing levels and service standards. Whilst they lived in luxury, a nice house and a couple of Mercs and BMW's in the drive way, the care home ran on a shoe string.

A friend of ours is in the local 4 seasons care home. We know all about staffing issues and financial constraints the home is experiencing.

Spruce

« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2019, 08:28:43 am »
Don't owe me

That’s problem, everything is loaded with debt, my prediction is another financial crash sooner than we think!

I think they are doing the same thing as the banks did. Pay fat cat salaries at the top; rack up as much debt as possible knowing that when the system fails the government is going to be forced to bail them out.

Wages at the lower end of the scale are a contributary factor to poor service levels but not the whole reason. Doubling wages won't improve the quality of service. A lot of it is down to their working environment, ticking boxes and a lack of motivation. A relative of ours works in that sector and she says the majority of the staff couldn't care less about their patients. Staff shortages are the norm because of high staff illness - injuried backs and stress being the main excuses.

She says that the problems started when the councils passed the care responsibility over to the private sector and sold off their empty care homes for redevelopment. Building new homes to higher standards cost a lot of money.

dd

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2019, 06:07:09 pm »
Part of the problem with the sector is that Local Authority funding does not cover the cost of the care.

My mum is in a care home and is self funding. She pays a lot more in fees than the home receives from the LA for people who don't have the money to pay for their care.

If a lot of the Home's income is from the Local Authority, chances are they will run at a loss or provide poor care (both possibly).

Slacky

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2019, 06:26:26 pm »
I cant see how care-homes run at a loss when they charge more than most holidays cost without the need for flights, planes, airports etc....

f***ing joke.

G Griffin

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2019, 12:47:03 am »
It's a disgrace. They should be state run.
One word: Margaret Thatcher.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Simon Trapani

« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2019, 06:39:22 am »
That's two words! ;D

G Griffin

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2019, 08:21:47 am »
That's two words! ;D
So it is  :-[.
Modded Thatcher, then  ;D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dd

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2019, 01:13:45 pm »
I cant see how care-homes run at a loss when they charge more than most holidays cost without the need for flights, planes, airports etc....

f***ing joke.
My mum pays £1050/week. Part of her fee subsidizes the Local Authority funded residents (who do not pay enough to meet costs).

Nearly all the staff are foreign because British people do not want to work in Care Homes. 

All food, laundry, cleaning services etc are provided. Many residents need help washing/bathing going to the toilet, getting dressed etc.

RPCCS

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2019, 05:28:13 pm »
There will be anotjrt financial crash, especially after the B word hapoens. The proverbial will hit the fan then. We could all end up out of work as folk cant afford luxuries any more,apart from the politicians of course. They will make sure their own pockets ate lined with gold
Cheers Rich

Shrek

« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2019, 05:47:04 pm »
There will be anotjrt financial crash, especially after the B word hapoens. The proverbial will hit the fan then. We could all end up out of work as folk cant afford luxuries any more,apart from the politicians of course. They will make sure their own pockets ate lined with gold

You must live in another dimension... seriously, you really think the whole of the UK 🇬🇧 is gonna be on the dole because of brexit???   ::)roll
Can you explain why after brexit no one will be able to afford luxuries anymore ???

TomCrowther

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2019, 06:25:57 pm »
I priced up a care home in North Manchester for window cleaning a couple of years ago.  The smell of urine was strong enough in the car park and eye watering inside. I don't know who I felt sorry for most, the new Manager who looked haunted or the elderly residents wandering about. Probably the residents but as I quoted the Manager for a two monthly clean she said "they won't pay for it because they won't pay for anything else" .