Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

harleyman

flyers sucsess rate
« on: March 30, 2019, 11:30:17 am »
I have never been a fan of flyers I got 5000 printed a couple of years back posted  a few hundred and gave up I fined door knocking better any way I digress I had a few hours spare so I dusted down the box and posted some more and for got about it low and behold ive picked up 4 new custys I think I may have hit a vein of new work so im going out later to have another go

hotsteam

Re: flyers sucsess rate
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2019, 11:52:04 am »
They  say if you get 3 or 4 out out of a thousand you are doing well  !  ::)roll

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2019, 12:07:19 pm »
The man to ask isn’t here at the moment

(Ducks for cover behind settee and waits for thread to be locked 😁)

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Pete Thompson

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2019, 12:22:23 pm »
The success rate varies from area to area and even depending on the time of year. I also find that the weather on the day you deliver them has an impact!

If it’s bright sunshine, when the householder reads your flyer and glances at their own windows, they notice how dirty they are straight away. If it’s pouring down or overcast, they may not look too bad.

As has been said, 3 or 4 per thousand is doing well. (So approx 1 response per 300 flyers).

In my experience, you can deliver about 100 flyers in 45 minutes (depending on the type of estate of course) so that’s about 1 response for just over 2 hours of delivering.

So if you devote a day (of 6 hours) you could reasonably expect about 3 responses. Occasionally you might come across an area that is unexpectedly better (perhaps because a local bloke has packed in or disappeared) and then you’ll get a better response.

Here’s my pro tip...
Don’t order A5 flyers, especially not on 130g or 170g paper. They are too big and too flimsy, and have a tendency to crumple up as you try to post them.

It’s better to use A6 flyers, at 250 or 300gsm. The cost difference is negligible, and they are much easier to deliver. Also, by being creative you can get just as much info on an A6 as you can on an A5.

Also, being smaller and more manageable, they are more likely to be kept by the householder (eg stuck on the fridge etc).

harleyman

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2019, 02:07:34 pm »
I try and pick a nice evening do a couple of hours ,avoid week ends peeps are nearly always out shopping  imo and like a weekend chilling, just my opinion I have more luck during the  week rather than week end

P @ F

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2019, 02:19:20 pm »
I put 20 out last month and got 3 jobs before I had even left the street , mind it was on a new build estate , had some more printed last week and passed a couple of secluded new builds near some other work I do , This time I hadnt even gotten back in the van and had bagged both , so thats 2 at 14 , 2 at 12 and 1 at 10 all monthly jobs which was nice too , 5 from 22 leaflets aint bad going is it , I shall be getting more out now !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

robbo333

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2019, 05:26:42 pm »
I used to get 4 custys per 1,000 and I would get 5,000 delivered at a time.
Included in that would be the odd fsg clean (or two) as well, so the leaflets always paid for themselves.
I haven't done any for a few years (been a bit lazy), so this year I just want to compact and 'sweeten' my round.
Rather than blanket drop, I would rather pick the houses I want, so I'll be delivering them myself.
I've got a couple of different flyers I will try out, when I'm leafleting, but as I am feeling motivated, I thought I would also try, or improve upon:
Google Ads
Google My Business
Improve my normal website
Contact some sold houses
Do a bit more canvassing
Try some magazine advertising
And obviously get some leaflets out.
See how it all goes... :-\

"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Dean champion

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2019, 06:07:30 pm »
Iv also had some luck with a new leaflet design,
Put out 1,300 over 2 days as a tester and got 6 regular jobs in February ain’t bad
The leaflet had 50% added on all 1st cleans aswell which I was testing out, so all good.
Orderd 20,000 ,I want to get them out over 4 weeks so need a distributor as ain’t got that much spare time
Had a quote from Dor2Dor but don’t no how trustworthy they !!

John Mart

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2019, 07:15:14 pm »
Put out 1,300 over 2 days as a tester and got 6 regular jobs in February ain’t bad
The leaflet had 50% added on all 1st cleans aswell which I was testing out, so all good.
Orderd 20,000 ,I want to get them out over 4 weeks so need a distributor as ain’t got that much spare time
What about Royal Mail £69 + Vat per thousand on that volume.

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2019, 09:36:33 pm »
I just cherry pick with mine now , the new estate above had a lot more houses in but it was a lot of through the garage poop and town houses , fronts with single dormer but rooflite and stupidly short gardens to the rear , no thanks !

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2019, 09:45:43 pm »
This is what I use , just home print onto 6 x 4 gloss photo paper , not as cheap as mass jobbies but the appear to do the job !

Dean champion

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 10:35:55 pm »
What about Royal Mail £69 + Vat per thousand on that volume.

They quoted me £40 +vat per thousand with 3 other leaflets on that volume they would deliver 5000 min a week, £435 printing (A4 150gsm double sided with C fold) which they would take delivery/storage  of so all I need to do is make payment and tell them which sub section of  post codes (iv requested no blocks of flats) I want them delivered to so made very easy for me,
Iv only ever  delivered them myself so put trust in someone else doing it for near on £1400 each drop is nerve racking

Do RM do it with other leaflets for that price ?
Do you feel RM are 100% trustworthy  ?
Can you fine tune we’re you want them delivered ?
Sorry to shot of questions like that but any info would be great

Thanks Dean

G Griffin

« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2019, 12:28:13 am »
I try and pick a nice evening do a couple of hours ,avoid week ends peeps are nearly always out shopping  imo and like a weekend chilling, just my opinion I have more luck during the  week rather than week end
That's a big step up from your original post  ???.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

jonboywalton75

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2019, 12:02:47 pm »
I put a £3 add in a post office window
I got 13 houses all within  200 yards of each other, worth about £150 a month from it within 8 weeks.
I cleaned for 15 years then sold those 13 for £700.
Right place right time.
Not often like that though