Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

Most names are long gone

my question is does the bizz account need to match exactly whats on company's house?

Soupy

Re: Registering a LTD company but different trading name as bizz acc?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2019, 04:33:16 pm »
No.

My ltd company name is different to my trading name.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2019, 04:40:13 pm »
No.

My ltd company name is different to my trading name.
Ah lovely so if your bobs window cleaning LTD but trade as  splash n dash window cleaning. You can have the customer write the cheque out to splash n dash window cleaning but not to include LTD?
i just think it would be good if the customer knows about being LTD so for transfers as well

Soupy

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 04:53:46 pm »
Some banks can be funny. I filled in a form that ensures that they accept all sorts of derivatives of our trading name.

Stoots

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 06:45:12 pm »
My trading name is my orignal window cleaning name but when incorporated it was too similar to another local company to register it at companies house.  So now my ltd co is just a generic one but still trade as the same as I always have

My business bank account is in my ltd company name. On invoices you must have your ltd company name you can put trading as on them also but must include ltd name.

cleaniac

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 07:00:55 pm »
Same here. Been trading as StockClean for 14 years. When i incorporated, it became Bramar Ltd t/a StockClean.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2019, 07:04:31 pm »
My trading name is my orignal window cleaning name but when incorporated it was too similar to another local company to register it at companies house.  So now my ltd co is just a generic one but still trade as the same as I always have

My business bank account is in my ltd company name. On invoices you must have your ltd company name you can put trading as on them also but must include ltd name.

Ah right i thought soupy said different.was under impression you didn't need to mention LTD name at all.

Stoots

« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2019, 09:06:15 pm »

Ah right i thought soupy said different.was under impression you didn't need to mention LTD name at all.

It will probably never matter but if you billed someone as Joe bloggs cleaning and the ltd company name was Trebor Ltd then technically they don't owe your ltd company the money.

On my invoices or website etc I simply have in small print"Thompson pro cleaning is a trading name of Thompson enterprises ltd"

But all my flyers, website, adverts etc are Thompson pro cleaning same as they always have been.

But yeh ltd co is seperate entity so of you don't have it on an invoice it can't be considered the same as yourself.

Unless I'm talking total crap lol but that's how I understand it.

Don't take my word for it though as a qualified person.