Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Lee Smith

Controller problem
« on: January 10, 2019, 07:16:32 am »
Last month or so controller has just randomly turned itself off at various times times whilst I'm working. Now the controller won't even turn on, not lighting up or anything. Anyone know what the issue is likely to be. Cheers

Shrek

Re: Controller problem
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2019, 07:34:36 am »
Maybe a dodgy connection ?

Spruce

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2019, 08:39:11 am »
As per Shrek. Also check fuse and fuse holder.

Also check there is power getting through your pressure switch. Spring advise you to keep it connected up where Varistream advise us to disconnect it from the circuit.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Plankton

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2019, 10:26:18 am »
Is it like this... https://youtu.be/otTEmzncETI

Plankton

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2019, 10:44:12 am »
I had checked all the connections a hundred times before and it used to come back on by tapping on it but eventually drove me mad. It got sent back to me saying it was fine so I recorded it to show it wasn't and Spring replaced the pcb board after that.

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2019, 02:09:04 pm »
Do you have a hot system with a  frost stat ? If so it will probably be that doing it we have just had the same issue , if it’s not that could be a printed  circuit board give Ian Sheppard a ring at spring controllers , I found him very friendly and helpful,

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2019, 02:55:25 pm »
Last month or so controller has just randomly turned itself off at various times times whilst I'm working. Now the controller won't even turn on, not lighting up or anything. Anyone know what the issue is likely to be. Cheers
Hi Lee, If it a Spring manufactured controller we are more than happy to have a look at it. How old is it
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

Lee Smith

« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2019, 04:42:36 pm »
Is it like this... https://youtu.be/otTEmzncETI

Yes mate, I've got the Facelift Compact system as well.  Sometimes I'll have been working 4/5 hours in day and it will ramdomly just cut out. Was all set to use backpack this morning and thought I'd try it it and see if it comes on and low and behold controller came on and worked all day completely fine.  It's had me baffled cos I checked all wires/connections other night and everything looks spot on.

Lee Smith

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2019, 04:44:59 pm »
Hi Lee, If it a Spring manufactured controller we are more than happy to have a look at it. How old is it

Hi mate, yes it's for Facelift Compact system. As per my other post, It's worked all day today fine so will see what it's like over next few days. I only bought the system in July so still under warranty from WCW.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2019, 04:48:29 pm »

Hi Lee, It may have been a lose connection between the battery and controller such as a connector. Going over the wiring may have pushed those back together. Let me know how it goes
Cheers
Ian

Hi mate, yes it's for Facelift Compact system. As per my other post, It's worked all day today fine so will see what it's like over next few days. I only bought the system in July so still under warranty from WCW.
V16 Is Here

Plankton

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2019, 04:55:20 pm »
That's how mine started and then got more annoying, I put fresh connections on the battery and fuse just to be sure and checked for white buildup on the plugs. As you can see in the vid the pump works without the controller so that's what I done to get buy until it got fixed. That was about a year ago and it's been right as rain since.

a900

« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2019, 10:26:47 am »
My spring controller v11 has been doing the as in the YouTube vid occasionally. But more recently really often randomly turning off. Bloody annoying

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2019, 11:49:34 am »
My spring controller v11 has been doing the as in the YouTube vid occasionally. But more recently really often randomly turning off. Bloody annoying
As above first check connections in particular between the battery and controller, Any loose or damaged connector/cable may cause power to drop out. Also check the connections to the pump are in good condition and secure. Then as above we can have a look if need be

V16 Is Here