Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

britishwill

Just looking for something more secure to attach to the tap as the water pressure is so high it can blow the Hozelock connector off during production and obviously saturate the garage. The connectors are all brand new and I do not want to turn the pressure down as my tank fills really fast.
Does anyone have any ideas or experience with this problem?

Cheers

Will

Smudger

Re: Hozelock connectors blowing off main tap, Anything more robust?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2018, 05:58:29 pm »
Are you using a quality make ie genuine hozelock or gardina ? Many of the cheaper ones don’t fit very well

In the gardina range you can get ones that lock on, I use these for the static system and in the vans - never leak and you can’t pull them off until you twist it to the unlock position

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2018, 06:02:16 pm »
Are you using a quality make ie genuine hozelock or gardina ? Many of the cheaper ones don’t fit very well

In the gardina range you can get ones that lock on, I use these for the static system and in the vans - never leak and you can’t pull them off until you twist it to the unlock position

Darran

ive found the opposite...often the £1 cheap copy ones are a better than the genuine hozelock(and tighter fit) IME.......
price higher/work harder!

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2018, 06:21:46 pm »
An alternative I've used in the past are claw lock / cam or Geka connectors. They can't pop off due to their design.
https://www.waterirrigation.co.uk/hoses-and-accessories/tap-and-hose-connectors/geka-couplings.html

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2018, 06:46:53 pm »
Just get the brass set from Wickes , £8.99 I think they are , been using them for years and never had one pop off yet
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

P @ F

I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Plankton

« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2018, 08:22:52 pm »
Brass on my hot tap and never had any problems.

Simon Parkin

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2018, 08:54:54 pm »
Geka are the best and the seals stand up to repeated removal. No male or female. The seals last forever (has mine for about 5yrs and still going strong) and are replaceable (as are hoselock but reason I got geka was the rubber seals/grommets on the male HL connectors were wearing out two fast) only problems with them is you need to remove any pressure to remove and there is no auto-stop version.

britishwill

« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2018, 04:21:39 pm »
Thank you for those ideas food for thought.