Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Morph

Domestic cleaning advice needed.
« on: June 19, 2006, 10:37:03 am »
I have a small cleaning contract which someone else does for me.
The problem is I can't keep the cleaner on much longer, for reasons too complicated to explain.  I need to do it myself for a while, but I am not totally in the know about proper methods of cleaning in this way.  I just let the cleaner get on with it, and it paid me a very small profit.  £15 p.w.!!
The job is pretty simple:  carpets, bit of polishing..The main concern is a few bathrooms&toilets that need to be kept clean.  It's a residential home, so I want to get it right.  Is there a document with correct procedure?  ie.  proper colour coded buckets, mops, cloths, chemicals etc. for toilets & bathrooms.
The cleaner is pretty good, and will probably get better money elsewhere, so I don't feel too bad.
Any advice?  I would be most grateful.

Morph

Re: Domestic cleaning advice needed.
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2006, 09:09:31 am »
Looks like my question is too boring to answer!
Maybe I'll have to go back and hide on the window cleaning section!
I just needed a few guidelines on washroom cleaning procedure.
Thanks

Morph

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2006, 11:36:10 pm »
Don't think I'll bother on here again.  I'm staying on the widowcleaner topics.  Decent guys there.  No matter how silly your question may seem, you get helpful advice there.  Not like here.
Bye bye :(

anne

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2006, 12:05:16 am »
the question was a bit silly im afraid... because you say it was YOUR cleaning contract and someone had been doing it for you so you should know everything about it.  you cant employ someone to do a job that you cant do your self!!  i think people were just been polite by not replying... did you not instruct your cleaner on procedure??? is your cleaner insured?? have you done a risk assesment??  did you follow COSHH???  if you did all this then you could answer your own question  if not then you need to start from the beginning again and you will find a lot of help on here

Art

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2006, 12:07:26 am »
PJ,

Have a look on the bics website, there's info on there about colour coding, it's www.bics.org.uk .
 Chemicals are a matter of choice.

Arthur

Art

« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 01:14:28 am »
No need to thank me, i'm always pleased to help  >:(

stains-away

« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 02:10:45 am »
No need to thank me, i'm always pleased to help

Can you lend me a tenner until I get my memory back then  Arthur? Andy

Art

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 12:34:29 pm »
No problem  ;D

*Chris Browne

« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 12:41:18 pm »
who's dishing out tenners? cant be arthur hes from the north of the border :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

chris

Art

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 12:50:26 pm »
who's dishing out tenners? cant be arthur hes from the north of the border :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

chris

Generous to a fault, that's me  ;D ;D

stains-away

« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 01:02:12 pm »
If a tenners that easy to get make it a score  ;D, Andy

Morph

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 02:08:44 pm »
the question was a bit silly im afraid... because you say it was YOUR cleaning contract and someone had been doing it for you so you should know everything about it. It is my contract, but I have had someone take it on for me right from the start.you cant employ someone to do a job that you cant do your self!!  I don't employ them.  And I haven't done it myself.  All above board, checked with tax inspector how to set it up.(That side of things I know exactly what I can and can't do. i think people were just been polite by not replying... did you not instruct your cleaner on procedure???   I am having to let the person go, and she is not going to inform me of "procedure".is your cleaner insured??   Done!  have you done a risk assesment??   Done!  did you follow COSHH???  Done!   if you did all this then you could answer your own question All done by the individual concerned.  Would I be asking such stupid questions if I already knew the stupid answer?   if not then you need to start from the beginning again and you will find a lot of help on here

PJ,

Have a look on the bics website, there's info on there about colour coding, it's www.bics.org.uk .
 Chemicals are a matter of choice.

Arthur
Thanks for your help Arthur.
That's all I needed.
I really don't know who Ann the Inquisitor is! ::)  Obviously knows a lot ;)

Art

« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2006, 02:56:24 pm »
PJ,

If you come across anything in particular that your not sure of, just ask there are alot of very helpful people on here, honest :)
 One other thing bleach is a no no, well i never use it anyway.

Arthur

anne

« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2006, 07:56:53 pm »
anne actually not ann..... and if you read your previous post it was you who was first offensive..... i didnt mean to come across as unhelpfull i just dont understand ... as i always make sure i know what a job entails first so if anything goes wrong  i know what im talkin about if i have to explain anything to the customer.. but glad you now know and i appologise for been offhand x
ANNE THE INQUISITOR !

Morph

« Reply #14 on: June 25, 2006, 10:58:28 pm »
Apology accepted Anne
I apologise too :-*