Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shrek

Re: REELMASTER first impressions are not very good.............
« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2018, 07:38:04 pm »
I bet you pulled it too hard with your big biceps didn’t you lol  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2018, 07:52:14 pm »
I bet you pulled it too hard with your big biceps didn’t you lol  ;D

im VERY heavy handed mate....always have been....ill just have to be more careful...
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2018, 08:32:00 pm »
It highly likely if the chain keeps coming off that something has taken a knock or is slightly out of alignment.

when i was making my d.i.y reel i had this problem for ages, chain too long, not enough tension, too much tension, if i had it slightly out it would come off and do my head in all day.

now ive got it sorted it doesnt come off, but even if it does theres no chain guard to mess with and it only cost £50 not £600...

there will be tension as you pull the hose off, thats normal,  as far as im aware all leccy reels do that and all use the same £25 scooter motors.

John Mart

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2018, 08:37:00 pm »
It highly likely if the chain keeps coming off that something has taken a knock or is slightly out of alignment.

when i was making my d.i.y reel i had this problem for ages, chain too long, not enough tension, too much tension, if i had it slightly out it would come off and do my head in all day.

now ive got it sorted it doesnt come off, but even if it does theres no chain guard to mess with and it only cost £50 not £600...

there will be tension as you pull the hose off, thats normal,  as far as im aware all leccy reels do that and all use the same £25 scooter motors.
I said this above but was ignored.  ::)roll

That's exactly what Pure Freedom said to me.

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2018, 08:43:25 pm »

the chain has only come off once so ill see how i go on from here.it is fiddly to get to(even with the 2 chain guards off)but i can manage it.....

i had no idea they all use the same cheap scooter motors...... ::)roll

i wonder what the mark up is then on these reels? ::)roll

P @ F

« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2018, 09:00:39 pm »
Around £575 I would say Moneybags   ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

DeLuce

« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2018, 09:28:40 pm »

,  as far as im aware all leccy reels do that and all use the same £25 scooter motors.

The Grippa electric reel doesn't work using a chain. It's a geared mechanism. It can also receive software updates to find tune the reel to your requirements.
Also, a nice feature, it unwinds about 1m after you've stopped reeling out which is quite handy, the hose is not under too much tension so it lies on the ground out the back of the van.
Just saying  :D

Stoots

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2018, 10:49:30 pm »

,  as far as im aware all leccy reels do that and all use the same £25 scooter motors.

The Grippa electric reel doesn't work using a chain. It's a geared mechanism. It can also receive software updates to find tune the reel to your requirements.
Also, a nice feature, it unwinds about 1m after you've stopped reeling out which is quite handy, the hose is not under too much tension so it lies on the ground out the back of the van.
Just saying  :D

Should have bought  a grippa by the sounds of it Daz...

well you will buy cheap stuff   :D

Jonny 87

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2018, 11:48:42 pm »
No issues at all with my two waterworks reelskn about a year.

Keep an eye on it daz as everyone I’ve know who has the pure freedom reel love it. Could be that yours has had a knock if the chain comes off again.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2018, 07:10:46 am »

Keep an eye on it daz as everyone I’ve know who has the pure freedom reel love it. Could be that yours has had a knock if the chain comes off again.

so you ve never had the chain come off your waterworks reels?

lozsing

« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2018, 07:18:42 am »
My reel master never missed a beat ,I did go and collect though so no delivery issues

Jonny 87

« Reply #31 on: July 05, 2018, 07:58:31 am »

Not once daz.

From what I’ve seen the pure freedom ones are heavier duty, so you may have a duffer.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #32 on: July 05, 2018, 03:55:46 pm »
i think mine just might have took a knock when in transit as its working fine now! :)

reeled in 5 times today and ive got to admit it was a joy...... 8)

spoke to Andy at pure freedom too and he said its very unusual for the chain to come off in normal use.....

so fingers crossed everything is fine now...... ;)

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2018, 04:23:45 pm »

i asked Andy at pure freedom today about the motors.THEY ARE NOT CHEAP SCOOTER MOTORS on the reelmaster!they make them themselves "in house" in the engineering department...

Stoots

« Reply #34 on: July 05, 2018, 05:49:43 pm »

i asked Andy at pure freedom today about the motors.THEY ARE NOT CHEAP SCOOTER MOTORS on the reelmaster!they make them themselves "in house" in the engineering department...

so they say...

i dont know mate ive never seen one, they are on the power up HD though

Slacky

« Reply #35 on: July 05, 2018, 06:43:20 pm »

Mine hasn't

Lee GLS

« Reply #36 on: July 06, 2018, 11:29:22 am »
Wow Daz. I don’t come on here very often, but you’ve always said you don’t need an electric reel because of how big and muscular you are and how easy it is  ;D

if you buy a decent reel in the first place(i use a cox reel) and have it fixed in the van then theres no need for an electric reel as reeling in manually is a breeze.....

Then this on 14th June

if i start having problems then ill get an electric reel but no sign yet... 8)

And now July you have bought one. What happens in those to weeks to you that made you need and pointless electric reel  8) ;D

dazmond

« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2018, 02:52:46 pm »
Wow Daz. I don’t come on here very often, but you’ve always said you don’t need an electric reel because of how big and muscular you are and how easy it is  ;D

if you buy a decent reel in the first place(i use a cox reel) and have it fixed in the van then theres no need for an electric reel as reeling in manually is a breeze.....

Then this on 14th June

if i start having problems then ill get an electric reel but no sign yet... 8)

And now July you have bought one. What happens in those to weeks to you that made you need and pointless electric reel  8) ;D

who cares? ive got one now.....and it is easier than a manual reel..... :D :D :D

koopmaster

« Reply #38 on: July 09, 2018, 12:52:12 pm »
phew spent £80 in my diy job... works like a charm