Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

WGB

For all you canvassers out there
« on: June 23, 2018, 09:52:14 pm »
What is the average amount of regular customers  you can pull in from canvassing say from 10 am to 5pm on a week day? Have quite a large amount of custys at the minute but looking to double it in about a year.. well thats the goal anyway.. i will be canvassing full time and will have the mrs and employees covering the rest. So how many can you expect to pick up each day on average??

Smudger

Re: For all you canvassers out there
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 02:42:55 am »
That’s almost impossible to answer - so many variables such as the area are other windy’s working the area - are the right people in that day etc etc

Some days you get a blank other days you pick up 6 or 7

Over a period it averaged 2 per day but I only did 2 to 3 your stints we used a canvasser for a while he did evenings 3 hr blocks and averaged over a month 4 a day

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

paul alan

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 09:49:57 am »
I have only ever been out once and bought back but 1, which in time turned into 2. Both are very good customers, always have them done and pay up.

I had a day where I picked up £150 in work which has grown a lot since then.

You can expect a retention rate of 50% and less.( but if your service is good then you can expect recommendations from the ones you do retain)

If your prices are at the higher end you can expect less.

If there is some good cleaners in the area you can expect less.

If you dont look,talk,act the part you can expect less. As soon as the customer opens the door you have already been judged, overly enthusiastic? forget it. lacking in confidence? forget it. Pushy? forget it.

You need to be very confident, friendly polite and respectful. You dont need the work but you would be happy to serve them if they require a very good window cleaning service.

Shrek

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 10:38:37 am »
I have only ever been out once and bought back but 1, which in time turned into 2. Both are very good customers, always have them done and pay up.

You can expect a retention rate of 50% and less.( but if your service is good then you can expect recommendations from the ones you do retain)

If you dont look,talk,act the part you can expect less. As soon as the customer opens the door you have already been judged, overly enthusiastic? forget it. lacking in confidence? forget it. Pushy? forget it.

You need to be very confident, friendly polite and respectful. You dont need the work but you would be happy to serve them if they require a very good window cleaning service.

This is key to getting a high price, not needing the work but happy to offer them a service. A lot of window cleaners price a job up like they are doing the owner a favour and not price it like your a business with taxes and expenses!

WGB

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 04:20:50 pm »
Have done a bit before myself and have got pretty good results from it but nothing long term, im sure if its done right you should get good returns out of it at the end of the day there are canvassers making a living from it :) :)

John Mart

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 04:38:50 pm »

This is key to getting a high price, not needing the work but happy to offer them a service. A lot of window cleaners price a job up like they are doing the owner a favour and not price it like your a business with taxes and expenses!
I think as an approach canvassing is fine, but I do think it’s where the comparison that Ricky Gervais made to begging comes from. I also think that by knocking and asking for work (that is what you are doing) puts the householder in the driving seat where pricing is concerned. Or at least could do.

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2018, 06:58:06 pm »
i agree to a point with the above, when canvassing i always quoted the price that i wanted - need cheaper than the norm, but what i did lose was the surcharge  i normally made for a first clean unless really, really bad it never sat right asking if they required a cleaner then charging more for a first clean - but when coming to me via leaflet, google etc i'm more than happy to charge for the extra effort in a first clean

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk