Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Re: New tax year.
« Reply #40 on: April 10, 2018, 08:08:38 am »
Hope you don't misplace your book.

Your entire year is gone.

Round software is by far the safest as long as you back it up!

Mine backs up to the cloud, to an external USB and to the hard drive every day.
Every week my laptop files are also backed up automatically to another cloud storage I use.

All of this is done automatically done in seconds.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2018, 08:15:30 am »
Unless my home burns to the ground my records are safe. 👍
Comfortably Numb!

Splash & dash

« Reply #42 on: April 10, 2018, 12:04:04 pm »

Every week my laptop files are also backed up automatically to another cloud storage I use.

Is this cloud based storage GDPR compliant ? Is it encrypted? Can it be hacked ? Who else has access to it ? Are you sure that whatever software programme you are using is safe and complient? I won’t name them on hear but there are a couple of firms that I have spoken to weren’t Evan aware of the changes in the law coming in in May doesn’t exactly inspire confidence does it

Marc Stock

« Reply #43 on: April 10, 2018, 01:30:39 pm »

Is this cloud based storage GDPR compliant ? Is it encrypted? Can it be hacked ? Who else has access to it ? Are you sure that whatever software programme you are using is safe and complient? I won’t name them on hear but there are a couple of firms that I have spoken to weren’t Evan aware of the changes in the law coming in in May doesn’t exactly inspire confidence does it

Exactly!

I do not trust these third party companies at all!

I use my own propitiatory database system stored on my local computers hard drive which is backed onto two separate hard drives also.

Stoots

« Reply #44 on: April 10, 2018, 04:22:25 pm »

Don't know
Don't know
Don't know
Don't know
Don't know

Don't care  :D

If anyone asks I use an old book like Nathan  ;)

Splash & dash

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2018, 06:02:50 pm »

Don't know
Don't know
Don't know
Don't know
Don't know

Don't care  :D

If anyone asks I use an old book like Nathan  ;)

Lol it’s up to you to know these answers if they investigate data protection they won’t be happy with those answers , you using cloud storage or cleaner planner or what ever you are responsible to find out or you are liable , however who will investigate this is  another matter entirely but you do need to be aware of the changes and attempt to comply 😂😂😂😂😂

Frankybadboy

« Reply #46 on: April 10, 2018, 07:24:35 pm »
been losing money for the last 3years

do i care no  ;) ;)

Don Kee

« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2018, 07:57:30 pm »

Exactly!

I use my own propitiatory database system stored on my local computers hard drive which is backed onto two separate hard drives also.

So you’ve made an Excel spreadsheet?  ;D

Marc Stock

« Reply #48 on: April 10, 2018, 08:04:29 pm »

Exactly!

So you’ve made an Excel spreadsheet?  ;D

No quite.

I have an ACT! Database CRM system, that i have customized to run the sales & scheduling.
I wrote a macro in visual basic to pull the data file from ACT! and dump it into a text file
Then in excel, i wrote a database query to mine the data from ACT!
Then I wrote another visual basic script to look up the customer ref number, pull out the job information, next clean date, amount due, etc etc.
And i wrote a vb script to count the job number so i can print the window cleaning bill to file.

So yeah...a bit of this and that.

Richard Stevenson

« Reply #49 on: April 11, 2018, 09:13:28 am »
I think this is all relative to where you live, 56k in Scotland is bloody good but in central London just ok. Although we should all have target's.