Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

peejay

tupe conditions
« on: July 24, 2006, 08:06:34 pm »
Hi everyone,

regarding TUPE,  cannot find anything regarding this problem, a current client wants to use us in another site which has 3 employees doing 7 hours between them and employed by another contractor, 2 of the employees are useless, i was wondering if i could give the whole job on a fulltime basis to the best employee, but how does tupe work in this case??

many thanks,
 peejay

mxg

Re: tupe conditions
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 08:52:15 pm »
PJ

2 Suggestions

1. Search the Arhive for "TUPE"

2. Get a good employment law solicitor. The TUP regulations have/are just about to change and they are quite tricky and the potential cost if things go wrong is quite substantial

Mick

Timmy Boy

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2006, 01:37:03 pm »
PJ
Another option is to join up to someone like Penninsula. They will:
1, write a business specific emplyment handbook for you
2, Produce all the forms you will ever need for emplyment incl application forms etc
3, a freephone number to get employment legal advice. As long as you follow their advice they will protect you from tribunals etc & pay all the legal fees. Well worth the money (about 50.00 per week!!)
They have helped me out no end, and it removed the worry of dealing with this stuff
Regards
Tim

dustycorner

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2006, 08:22:34 pm »
Even though this already an existing client, you are effectively taking on a new contract with incumbent staf. Normal tupe rules apply.

Cheers Mark.