Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Cookie

Found these bargain sunglasses at Screwfix yesterday. Perhaps not the trendiest.... but I bought two pairs since I'm always losing or sitting on (& breaking) them. Hopefully these will last me through the year ...

Also because they're safety glasses they cover the whole eye so the sun is less likely to get round the edge of the lens into your eyes when poling.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-protector-smoke-lens-safety-specs/38149

Can't complain at only £2.99.

Stoots

Can't beat a bit of positive thinking. Won't be long till our retinas are burning out and it's too hot to work, maybe.

dazmond

Found these bargain sunglasses at Screwfix yesterday. Perhaps not the trendiest.... but I bought two pairs since I'm always losing or sitting on (& breaking) them. Hopefully these will last me through the year ...

Also because they're safety glasses they cover the whole eye so the sun is less likely to get round the edge of the lens into your eyes when poling.

only problem with them is the wide arms(itll leave a wide white suntan stripe down the side of your head during the summer)you need a very thin pair of shades really for the warmer hot months.....
price higher/work harder!

tlwcs

only problem with them is the wide arms(itll leave a wide white suntan stripe down the side of your head during the summer)you need a very thin pair of shades really for the warmer hot months.....
With the time you spend at the gym you must know someone who can get you and apply some fake tan?

Jonny 87

For the sunny months we all should be wearing “polarised” glasses. With uv protection.

Much better for our eyes that way.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Michael Peterson

trouble is my eyes are all beady and seedy I need to wear sunglasses all year round 1. to hide my beady eyes 2. to look proper cool 3. to stalk

lal

For the sunny months we all should be wearing “polarised” glasses. With uv protection.

Jonny thats one thing, i never buy cheap sunglass's, you've only got one pair of eyes, and you should
  look after them at any cost, i swear by good quality Polarised sunglasses for driving & work.

Jonny 87

Jonny thats one thing, i never buy cheap sunglass's, you've only got one pair of eyes, and you should
  look after them at any cost, i swear by good quality Polarised sunglasses for driving & work.

I agree mate.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Missing Link

It says it provides 99.9 percent UV protection...

Pronouns She/Her/Madam/Ma'am

Jonny 87

It says it provides 99.9 percent UV protection...

I missed that actually. The price makes me
Wonder how good they are, but they will still
Be decent. Normally uv protection is labelled in a number, “up to 400” uv protection is what people
Look for. Not sure what these are. They are definitely better than your standard sunglasses though. Better than I first thought. 👍

alank

They look like a good buy to me so next time I'm past screwfix I will have a couple of pair as I'm good at scratching the lenses or losing them. Thanks for the link cookie ;D

Cookie

This makes quite interesting reading (not that I'm a fan of the Daily Mail!):

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2374185/Are-cheap-sunglasses-safe-We-asked-eye-expert-analyse-cut-price-shades.html

Wish I'd kept the bumf that came with the sunglasses now....