Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jimrich

computer room carpet tiles
« on: October 19, 2006, 11:48:23 am »
Hi,

have cleaned a number of computer room floors, so very aware of the dangers. However all the floors have been the vinyl type tiles.

My problem being I am now faced by a large (tiled) carpeted floor to clean, the carpet is very short pile,next to nothing really. We were recommended to use a bonnet buffer on the machine we use normally for the vinyl flooring.

This we tried but it just kept stopping and clogging probably because of the lack of fluid we can safely use in such an environment.

Would appreciate any guidence, should the bonnet buffer system work on such a large floor (50yds square approx)?
If not what system would be advisable?

thanks for any help offered
jim

jimrich

Re: computer room carpet tiles
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 11:59:35 am »
Sorry guys posted in wrong section, would moderators please move thanks.

gerrystyles

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 01:20:25 pm »
Jim

It is advisable not to use water in any area of computer rooms, we once did one where the staff were not allowed to take drinks past the door. We used Host on the carpets in that area, no water needed

Gerry

jimrich

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2006, 12:01:41 pm »
Thanks for reply, I will take your advise and go for a host system, probably the Freestyle.
regards
jim

gerrystyles

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2006, 12:51:10 pm »
Jim

Ok where do you operate we have got a Liberator

Gerry

jimrich

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2006, 06:29:34 pm »
Gerry,

we operate mainly inside the m25. London being our main client base. I have hired a Freestyle for this coming weekends work (with experienced operator). However if the results are satisfactory for the client, this is an ongoing 3 monthly contract, we will be looking to sort something more permenant for the future.

Do you have the Liberator for hire or sale?
regards
jim

gerrystyles

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2006, 07:01:13 pm »
Jim

We operate from Bristol, however if the job is worth doing we are prepared to travel. We have the Liberator and a TM

Gerry

chrisdboot

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 10:13:17 am »
hi jim
I operate the HOST dry cleaning system in the midlands, but am prepared to travel if the job justifies it.
if I can help please contact me

chris

jimrich

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 12:04:10 pm »
Hi Guys,

just a follow up mail. As stated before, as we really had no prior knowledge of cleaning carpet tiles we hired an experieced (recommended) guy to come in and clean carpet.

The results were nothing short of extremely disappointing. The floor was covered with the cleaning compound (brushed in)and then the HOST liberator was put to work. The carpet did not look any better after the clean. My dilemma now is next time will a dry fusion system be the answer. Or if the host system didn't improve the carpet appearance do we take it the carpet is clean? even though it didn't particularly look it.

regards
jim

The carpet, by the way, has hardly any pile not due to wear just the design.