Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Nick Day

Norfolk window cleaner killed
« on: November 17, 2017, 07:31:35 pm »
I have just been told that in a very serious accident in Norfolk this week (not officially announced yet but from somebody involved) three cars and a VW caddy with WFP window cleaning equipment were involved in accident. Everybody sustained minor injuries, but the window cleaners tank pushed forward and crushed him to death.

P @ F

Re: Norfolk windoe cleaner killed
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 07:36:05 pm »
Thats not good at all , i think a lot of people will be following this one.
Keep us posted .
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

paul alan

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2017, 08:33:23 pm »
blinkin heck!

I have tonight been quoting work from a window cleaner that has just died suddenly in a motor bike crash.

Much loved guy, kids n wife etc.

A few years back I bought some work from a guy (bob) who was selling because the guy who was cleaning previously(dave, nice lad)sadly died of a heart attack aged only 42. Just 6 months previous to that bobs son(also cleaned windows) died during a tragic accident on a night out.

I may reconsider my profession!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2017, 08:48:15 pm »
blinkin heck!

I have tonight been quoting work from a window cleaner that has just died suddenly in a motor bike crash.

Much loved guy, kids n wife etc.

A few years back I bought some work from a guy (bob) who was selling because the guy who was cleaning previously(dave, nice lad)sadly died of a heart attack aged only 42. Just 6 months previous to that bobs son(also cleaned windows) died during a tragic accident on a night out.

I may reconsider my profession!

If I were you mate I wouldn't be cleaning another single window!! :o ;D
Comfortably Numb!

paul alan

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2017, 08:54:09 pm »
might start calling myself a "frame cleaner" and do the glass discreetly at the same time.

Maybe old grim might walk on by!

Seymour Sunshine

Banjo players are sent from heaven ... to make drummers look good.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 12:29:45 pm »
Anyone else seen this?

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/window-cleaner-seriously-hurt-after-fall-from-building-on-oxford-street-a3690426.html

yep its old news.

i dont know why some of you guys are shocked by these stories.s**t happens all the time regardless whether your a window cleaner or not.
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 12:47:56 pm »

For me its of interest to know details of the system fitment , strapped or caged , and what the accident involved , we know it happens and i bet we all say "it wont happen to me" , as the poor guy in the caddy probably said .
I think then we can all make our own minds up as to what is safe and not safe .
Myself i have a frame bolted to the floor and the tank is strapped to it , so im a bit of a hybrid in terms of fitting !
You can watch as many fancy crash tests as you want , but what we have here is hard evidence to chew over .   

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 01:08:02 pm »
do you really think we re gonna find out? ::)roll

what tank and frame(if any)he had fitted?ratchet straps etc?whether he had bolts through the floor or through the eyelet holes instead?.....bulkhead or not?how fast he was driving(approx)?...........i dont.....
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 01:23:23 pm »
do you really think we re gonna find out? ::)roll

what tank and frame(if any)he had fitted?ratchet straps etc?whether he had bolts through the floor or through the eyelet holes instead?.....bulkhead or not?how fast he was driving(approx)?...........i dont.....

I dont suppose any in depth description will come out , but it depends on who if anybody runs the story , what the witnesses say , and we all know how the press can be with details .
But Nick Day seems to have an inside line maybe , it may well be that some members know the chap thats passed ?
The info is out there , its just a case of wait and see i guess .

Slacky

« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 01:25:05 pm »
Maybe window cleaning magazine or the fed will know.

Walter Mitty

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 02:36:18 pm »
It will probably be necessary to wait because prior information would pre-empt the inquest. I suppose it might be possible to obtain a transcript of the inquest, but I wouldn't know how to go about it myself.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 02:38:08 pm »
It may get a health and safety investigation  due to a death.

Let's hope the insurance company doesn't try and wriggle out of it by saying we were not aware of the tank!
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Clever Forum Name

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2017, 11:22:01 am »
Been told by a friend of the deceased he was 23 and it was a wydale tank strapped in using straps. That's all i know.

Ian Sheppard

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2017, 02:53:24 pm »
MY thoughts for Family and Friends of these poor guy
V16 Is Here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AhbZirSlpI&t=8s
Polarity Protect technology

Pete Thompson

Jonny 87

« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2017, 07:58:44 am »
Been told by a friend of the deceased he was 23 and it was a wydale tank strapped in using straps. That's all i know.

Terrible news.

:'(
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher