Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Shrek

Gutters frozen!
« on: November 30, 2017, 09:06:42 am »
2 gutter jobs booked in today - got to the first 1 and it was frozen solid.....

Think il re arrange them for another day and chill out today instead ☕️

dazmond

Re: Gutters frozen!
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 09:24:26 am »
2 gutter jobs booked in today - got to the first 1 and it was frozen solid.....

Think il re arrange them for another day and chill out today instead ☕️

do you use hot water?you could thaw them out then clear them(im assuming your using a gutter vac)
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 09:35:31 am »
No mate , no hot water - I do use a gutter vac though. I have had this in the past with a bungalow and what should’ve took 40 minutes, took me 3 hours lol
And that was put hot water in the gutters and chiselling the stuff out .... never again!
Going food shopping with the Mrs instead 😀

And my hose reel , pole was frozen too 🤦‍♂️
Think il pick up an oil filled radiator too

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2017, 12:26:18 pm »
 go up via a ladder, take end cap off and position wheelie bin beneath. Go other end and push. Easiest gutter clean job you could have
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Tom-01

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 12:44:52 pm »
Same here,  had a full day of gutters booked for today. We got one side of a big block of flats done ok but the rest was taking forever so called it a day.  It's a bit annoying as we would have had it done in about 2.5hrs normally.

Took me by surprise as we always do a lot of gutter clearing in December, leave January and start again in February.

Will have to work on Saturday for a few hours, the first time in years as choc-a-bloc.

zesty

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2017, 01:18:07 pm »
go up via a ladder, take end cap off and position wheelie bin beneath. Go other end and push. Easiest gutter clean job you could have

+1

I love it when there frozen! Wip up the ladder and pull the hole frozen block out in 5 mins. Leaves the gutters looking brand new inside as well, no debris gets left, it’s perfect.

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2017, 02:32:41 pm »
Turned up to do a conny roof this moring.

Wished I had hot on that one, cleaned it with cold eventually and when I had finished it had frozen over again.

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2017, 06:02:17 pm »
Turned up to do a conny roof this moring.

Wished I had hot on that one, cleaned it with cold eventually and when I had finished it had frozen over again.

i cleaned a conny roof today adam too and the water was turning to slush on the roof!(as they were out with the heating off).ruddy freezing too.hose like wire twisting and kinking and the f/s/g s were really dirty.got them to an acceptable standard in the end but it was hard slog.it would of been a lot easier with hot water thats for sure. ::)roll
price higher/work harder!

tom20001

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2017, 06:39:56 pm »
Wow lads it must be a lot colder in uk nothing like that over in ireland....cold but nothing that bad...what temp was it during day today?

zesty

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2017, 06:46:47 pm »
Wow lads it must be a lot colder in uk nothing like that over in ireland....cold but nothing that bad...what temp was it during day today?

+2c here in Essex.

Much colder up north I gather.

simon w

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2017, 07:00:34 pm »
Has dropped below freezing in Bristol yet  8)

Shrek

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2017, 07:15:12 pm »
It was -2.5 at 7am!

Plankton

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2017, 07:54:10 pm »
7am feck that, I got to my job at 1120 armed with a tank and containers of hot water. Needed to grit afterwards as it could have been a hazard for around twenty tradesmen at finish time.
I could have turned up tomorrow and everyone else could been off work injured!