Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CleanClear

Re: Whats really up with gas heating ?
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2017, 07:23:45 pm »

Not installing a proper flu would be another cause of the Dazmond type bangs.

The L5's are an outdoor heater with no flue (as such) ? I think in the scenario they're deigned for i.e hanging off the inside of your open van door they should be fine?
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

P @ F

« Reply #21 on: December 06, 2017, 07:30:14 pm »
Just looked at my old posts and it turns out i got my L5 in December 2010 .
So just gone 7 year without so much as a BOOM  ;D 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

CleanClear

« Reply #22 on: December 06, 2017, 07:39:45 pm »

Who'd a thought?!!! Last thing i remember about all the old posts was guys who can't wire a red and black together and  fit a pump, seeming perplexed when it didn't pump water telling us all we'll be gassed to death if we have them in our vans !!!  ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

P @ F

« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2017, 08:30:00 pm »

Who'd a thought?!!! Last thing i remember about all the old posts was guys who can't wire a red and black together and  fit a pump, seeming perplexed when it didn't pump water telling us all we'll be gassed to death if we have them in our vans !!!  ;D

I do think that there is more to it than meets the eye , i mean with regard to using a little bit of savvie so to speak , dont rush the install , use high temp water hose , think about where to site the boiler very carfully , dont put the gas supply hose under any stress with regard to tight bends , vent it all very well .
At the end of the day what can go wrong , bottles very rarely fail , if gas does escape and you have vented properly you should not have an issue , if you cant smell propane then you should not use it ( bloody stinks ) , always switch off the boiler and turn off the gas , even if the next stop is just down the road , just common sense .
The only time you could have a problem is if you spring a leak whilst in use , it may well happen but again if vented well enough it should not be a massive problem .
I think maybe a look at flash arresters as used by oxy/acetelyne users is an avenue to explore , maybe in conjunction with that gasstop thing . 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !