Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

nathankaye

Solar--wat/amp - - battery
« on: November 20, 2017, 01:24:18 pm »
Si whilst we have low/poor sun ive decided to cut out the mppt controller.
Its sunny moments but not often. Up until 1.30 ive had. 0.14amps per hour with mppt.
Im curious to what i will get direct.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

Re: Solar--wat/amp - - battery
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 01:44:05 pm »
Stopping for lunch and I have to walk my dog. So leaving it in a bright place, cant say sunny spot cause there aint any lol!
But so far ive had 1.84ah     so. 04amps since ive connected direct and now parking up.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 02:51:20 pm »
Either im confused , or you are talking jibberish mate  ;D
Im just off to get the kids so will have another crack at translation when i get back  ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 03:25:10 pm »
The  watt/amp meter has one directional flow, so ive disconnected the mppt and wired up solar panels to the source at the meter and then connected load to battery. So all ive done is bypassed the mppt.

So vans been parked for a couple of hours and all ive had is 0.489 amp hour showing. Would the mppt have given more during that time? I dont know
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 03:49:33 pm »
This is what i got .......

From switch on at start of work  until 1.30 you had 0.14 amps total (0.14 Ah) Bottom left of display .

Then at 1.30  you bypassed the MPPT and reset the watt meter , now it reads 1.84 Ah Bottom left of display .

Is that correct ? , If so , at what time did you get the 1.84 reading ?

nathankaye

« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 09:44:07 pm »
Erm,,,,, yea,,,, ive just read back the whole thread and i can see why you got confused, as ive just confused myself reading it.  ;D ;D

Lol now I cant remember any of the figures.  Tomorrow im going to turn it on around half seven in morning as I need to pick up a parcel from collecting office b4 work. But im going to keep it as it is (bypassing the MPPT)  and record the findings in better english (I hope)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 03:45:38 pm »
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 07:06:02 pm »
You had a better day than me mate !
We had much the same weather by the look of it .
You had 1 amp in and 4 amps out , a  bit of trolley work (not sure how long for or how many amps used on that)
I had 0.5 amp in and 10 amps out , all done from system battery .

So its not really possible to link our findings , we run different panels , different MPPT's , different work !

But i do think that its a case of test what works best , I have a hunch that on cloudy days it could be more beneficial to either bypass our MPPT's as you did today , or wire the panels in series and keep the MPPT's conneccted , that way the voltage from the panels in series should be higher , this gives the MPPT power to convert , in effect you would double the voltage , on paper that should be at least 30 volts combined coming in , the MPPT would then take say 15 volts tops to send to the battery in the normal way , and have 15 volts of over voltage to convert into extra amps .

Well thats how it is supposed to work , but if you only had say 11 volts in per panel , due to the cloud then the combined voltage would ony be 22 volts , 15 of them would go as ever to the battery and leave the MPPT 7 volts to convert to extra amps .

Im going to get the connections that are needed  to chop and change between  parallel and series wiring easily and quickly soon ,  then i will know if  my hunch is correct or not .