Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

groves

Drought orders across the southeast
« on: March 25, 2006, 07:02:40 pm »

Ive read some of the comments made by fellow window cleaners.Cant believe some of the rubbish some of you talk.
The water companies are going for total window cleaning bans!
You will not be able to work !!
Glynn Howard is correct so start supporting all window cleaners not just yourselves.
You need to write to your MPs now,water companies,newspapers and all other media.
Im sure like myself there alot of people with alot to lose if they ban you from working without compensation.
I think if you can start emailing fellow window cleaners & tell them what could happen in the next couple of weeks Im sure  its possible to fight the ban.Please dont leave it to other people to fight the battle.I have emailed Ian Collins at talk sport also richard littlejohn at the daily mail & Jon Gaunt at the sun and my MP please do the same & more !

Mark Groves

Groves window cleaning  Brighton

groves

CALLING ALL WINDOW CLEANERS - IMPENDING DROUGHT ORDERS
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2006, 11:23:53 am »
CALLING ALL WINDOW CLEANERS!

You must go on the site below and sign the petition against the drought order ban stopping window cleaners working.
The more windows cleaners that sign the better. Stand up and be counted for your industry. The petition will be presented to the water authorities on Weds 29th March so you must go on and sign now.

http:/www.apwc.info/html/drought-information.html

poleman

Re: Drought orders across the southeast
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2006, 12:35:44 am »
Mark, good to hear from you your standing in the industry is very high, I am over in Dorset (Smart Cleaning) (Andrew Cheney head of commercial window cleaning for APWC) 

I am on the same board as Glynn Howard and we are fighting for all window cleaners.

OH YES all most forgot – you have posted in the wrong place?

Andy 

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 06:10:50 am »
I  have been concerned for some time that this could also apply to Carpet Cleaners.

I did post on this about a month ago but no one was concerned.

Does anyone know the situation?

born slippy

« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2006, 08:53:11 pm »
if tony blairs boy was a window cleaner nobody would give  f"^k we all need to stand up and be counted and if we have no water to work with we dont pay are water bills and i bet blairs golf greens have been watered and water suppliyers should fix all there leeking pipes   ps im on a meter and my yearly bill is about  £ 952 per year so dont you think we are all intiteld to are water slippy

Spot On cleaning

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2006, 09:02:42 pm »

As a carpet cleaner, i wold also sign this petition as i have a sixty gallon tank / 450 litres in my van which i fill up 5 or 6 times a week.

In some ways i get more annoyed because for the last 5 years i have had to endure a water meter at my property which i tried to get removed but couldn,t due to new regulations, so every drop of water i use is payed for. Now look at all the people out there who pay a standard charge and use hosepipes every day all day in their gardens.

I bet leaky water pipes waste more than any other form, so tell them to sort themselves out before restricting us.

Dave

steve m

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2006, 10:18:04 pm »
I was reading on the fwc site that they wont sto winow cleaners with wfp as they are classed as commercial users and that the water isnt direct from the mains. also i dont think they would sop you working as they couldnt afford the compensation for loss of earnings