Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Walter Mitty

FAO Gold - re pole hose New
« on: August 04, 2017, 09:07:57 am »
I remember you once posting that you were going to try using pole hose as your reel hose too.  I'm just wondering how that worked out.  I know it invalidated the hose's guarantee.

Did the hose pinhole too often to be viable?
Did it cause any issues with the pump?
Were there any other issues?
If it worked, what type of pole hose was it? (yes, I know it was from Gardiner's, but I think they have different kinds).
If it pinholed, did you flounce?

dazmond

Re: FAO Gold - re pole hose New
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2017, 09:29:25 am »
id be more worried about it not lying flat across roads,pavements and making it more of a trip/snag hazard (than bright yellow microbore).
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2017, 05:01:59 pm »
I used the green stuff from Gardiners and yes it does not lie perfectly flat across roads and pavements but flat enough if I pull it out taut before letting it settle. No pump issues as the I.B. is the same or very close to the I.B. of microbore.

As I have about 30 metres of green pole hose attached to about 50 metres of microbore then it works well and if I must have it flat across the road then I loop out the green as I go and pull out some microbore too. As I usually start at the "farthest point" then if I am crossing a road I often naturally have microbore out at the crossing the road point anyway.

I find it pinholes no more frequently than microbore and find that the ease of throwing it about, carrying loops of it when necessary and winding in outweighs anything else. If it does pinhole and need replacing then I'm only buying 30 metres as the microbore gets relatively little use.

All flouncing is reserved for wheely bin and car tyre catching which is little different from any other hose I've used!
It's a game of three halves!

Walter Mitty

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2017, 05:37:07 pm »
Thank you for the feedback.
Much appreciated.

I don't run hose across roads anyway.  I'm not bothered about cars running over it but about causing a two wheeler to have an accident.