Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Duncan Horlock

Transit connect
« on: July 25, 2017, 08:53:30 pm »
Hi all, I am looking at buying a new transit connect L2. Has anyone on here got one ? If so where have you bought your outlet hoses out of?

Thanks in advance

Duncan

dazmond

Re: Transit connect
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 10:04:59 am »
Hi all, I am looking at buying a new transit connect L2. Has anyone on here got one ? If so where have you bought your outlet hoses out of?

Thanks in advance

Duncan

i bought a transit connect L2 240 limited this year.nice van.looks the business.what do you mean outlet hoses? ???
price higher/work harder!

Slash

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 12:35:46 pm »
I've got one,brilliant vans,I didnt get ports ,saves me lifting reels in and out ;D

Duncan Horlock

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 06:37:04 pm »
Hi, as I've not got the van yet I just want to get everything sorted for a smooth change over. At the moment I've got a manifold cut into the side which I don't want to do with a brand new van.just wondering if anyone else had the same van and if they bring the inlet and outlet connections out from the floor? Are your tanks bolted through the floor as well? Cheers guys

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 07:15:13 pm »
i have a fixed reel in the van.no ports.

no my tank is not bolted through the floor.its bolted down to the eyelets holes with angle iron so its easy to remove the  tank if needed.

Slash

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 07:23:44 pm »
Yeah,mine is bolted through the chasis,local garage couldn't do it as something to do with the double floor so good old Pure Freedom sorted mine out,they sell manifolds to attach to your bumber,you just need to drill a few holes in the floor near theback doors.

Duncan Horlock

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 07:29:57 pm »
Brilliant cheers guys👍Good to know you both like the van as on paper it seems perfect. I like the idea of using the tie down eyes.  I like the thought of not lifting the reels out but I really need to lock the van if you know what I mean 😬

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2017, 07:36:55 pm »
Brilliant cheers guys👍Good to know you both like the van as on paper it seems perfect. I like the idea of using the tie down eyes.  I like the thought of not lifting the reels out but I really need to lock the van if you know what I mean 😬

its miles better to have a fixed reel in the van mate.its easier.you can still lock the main cab and side door with a back door open.

Paul Wisdom

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2017, 07:42:25 pm »
i have a fixed reel in the van.no ports.

no my tank is not bolted through the floor.its bolted down to the eyelets holes with angle iron so its easy to remove the  tank if needed.

Do you have a little photo of these irons attached to the eyelets please. Might be the way i go in future.

robbo333

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2017, 08:09:06 pm »
I use pole hose on my main reel. One of the benefits is, I could shut and lock the rear doors on my old connect without shutting off the water flow. May help you.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Duncan Horlock

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 09:23:33 pm »
Some great tips thanks, I like the idea of not lifting the reels out👍. Pole hose might be worth a go. Picture of the tank brackets would be good 🙏😀