Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Richard James

Back pack?
« on: June 10, 2017, 04:24:09 pm »
I'm after a new backpack, I used to have a Shurflo one years ago and used it to death but never replaced it.

Looking for recommendations for a new one and where to find one.

Cheers.
Rich.

jonboywalton75

Re: Back pack?
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2017, 04:52:37 pm »
Gardiners back pack is good
Tons better than the old Shurflo

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2017, 05:42:38 pm »
Type "window cleaning backpack" into Google.  You will see a few appear, choose the one you want based on price, capacity or colour or if it has a trolley handle on it.

They are all the same inside, a cheap pump and a battery.

the king

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2017, 06:08:27 pm »
gardners are the best then water genie  but the genie is out of stock any way  ;D ive got the water genie its ok handle is a bit naff and the plastic wheels are noisy it also has no cut off swich so when you turn water off at the brush the pump seems to strain and not click like the gardners one its kinda fiels like a cheeper made back pack , having said that ive had no issue with it so far

Richard James

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2017, 09:33:48 pm »
Thanks, I'll check out the Gardiners one then.

JSMC

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 07:32:55 am »
Always used the hewitt backpacks. Connection of wire from battery to the adaptor is always poor.  Cut off connector and split wire and attach spade terminals straight to battery.

Lee Smith

« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2017, 02:30:23 pm »
Good luck trying to buy a backpack, I've been wanting to buy one for the last 3/4 weeks and nobody seems to have any Gardiners or Water Genie backpacks in stock.

lal

« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2017, 04:10:12 pm »

I recommend The Gardiners back pack, had mine 3 years  no issues, only use for applying chemical water mix to
 Gutter Fascia & Conservatories.

the king

« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2017, 05:55:18 pm »
the water genie is now in stock

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 10:11:44 am »
Search kobold in google or flea  bay these were what all the older gardiners were but at half the price picked up several 3+ years ago 45 quid each when retailers were pricing them at 90 and more been a great buy

Not used one but mobi do a battery pressure washer for bikes these look good and often up second hand for no money as collection only

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk